Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Helping to put Rusoro rumors to rest. from RM

posted on Feb 26, 2009 02:39PM

Hi Mr. Marshall,
There has been considerable speculation that Crystallex is in talks with Rusoro about a merger to mine the Las Cristinas property. As mentioned in the following article.
Venezuela has become the brass ring for Rusoro Mining. The company has two producing gold mines in that country, a closed mine, a development project and several exploration interests. Hoping to add another near-term producer and an exploration project to its portfolio, Rusoro launched an unsuccessful takeover bid for Gold Reserve in December 2008. Now from Venezuela come reports that Rusoro and Crystallex are in merger talks. Crystallex has been unable to secure permission to develop its Las Cristinas gold project, but with the backing of Rusoro, that might change.
Can you commment on the above mentioned articles.
Thanks,

it looks like the speculation continues and was probably fueled by the blog and chatroom baseless speculation a week or two ago. While the Company’s Policy is to not comment on rumors and speculation I have been advised that Crystallex is not in talks and has no plans for a merger.

The Company’s focus remains the Las Cristinas Project.

Regards,

Richard

New Message
Please login to post a reply