Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: In Venezuela you should divide everything by 100 if you want to know the truth.

In Venezuela you should divide everything by 100 if you want to know the truth.

posted on Dec 20, 2009 08:29AM

When Venezuela states they will be able to produce 40 tonnes of gold by 2013 divide that number by 100 and you get 0.4 tonnes of gold by 2013. This number is more reasonably since they currently HAVE NO MAJOR MINE IN OPERATION. Given that it takes 2-3 years to plan a mine, and another 2-3 years to build a mine it is doubtful they will even reach 0.4 tonnes. In addition, the miner contracted will have to wait for an environmental permit which could take till 20??.

Sorry to be a bit cynical, but after years and years of hearing these types of claims you feel like telling Venezeula officals to just shut it. The other thing is the people of Venezeula certainly don't believe this, rather they are just too scared and rightfully so to say anything to refute such claims.

My wish for the new year is the people of Venezeula get a voice that is heard. Your country has such wealth if used wisesly could end a great deal of suffering.

New Message
Please login to post a reply