Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Dparge, I don't think there is a govt on earth that would trust Chavez in any way, or businesses in these countries. Many may have the same political leanings as Chavez but the ones many here put thier hopes in as saviours of our lowly share price are not stupid and as unstable as Chavez in thier actions imo.

I don't think Chavez is anywhere near being overthrown or voted out at this point in time. I think it is absurd to think any foreign company, Vz aligned or not, would come in and put any faith in the long term commitment needed to bring this deposit to production, and long term at that to make it profitable, with Chavez in power. This leader simply cannot be trusted. Build and he'll take it. Judging the investment future in Vz based on the past evidence doesn't provide much hope. This Silver Dragon speculation is absurd as well based on my opinion of Chavez's trustworthiness. I feel Silver Dragon and Kry have no connection what so-ever

I feel there are significant corrupt forces that are steering this boat and there isn't really anything Fung can do about it, and possibly Chavez either in some ways. This area of Vz is worst than the wild west scenario. Corruption and its alliances hold the fort imo. The lawlessness in this region is rampant. The illegal mining brings in huge money for some powerful forces there and is a way of life in general and significant effort and "pressure" to leave it as is, gringo's stay home.

I think Kry is being squeezed out by this and will be waited out until they cave. If this isn't so why hasn't there been any clarification on the matter? What about these high level officials that Kry is always in dialogue with? imo the high level officials that really matter have already told kry they're out and have thier doors closed accordingly. The high level officials that kry is supposedly talking to really don't have any influence on the others, the ones that matter. Arbitration brings up some ugly prospects and kry is between a rock and a hard place.

Case in point, Sanz himself as head of the CVG that gave the letter of contract compliance. Who wrote that? Was it one of the officials that kry is talking to while Sanz and Chavez say they will take these deposits back? I'll bet that letter doesn't have Sanz's name rubber stamped on it.

These opinions may well be proven wrong but there is certainly enough evidence to support them to a good degree.

New Message
Please login to post a reply