Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: “I do not have successor”. check out the bottom paragraph
Chávez does not know when it will give the presidency
Thursday, 29 of April of 2010
The presidents decided to again meet the 3 of August in Venezuela and December in Brazil. Photo AFP
Brasilia. - The presidents of Brazil and Venezuela assured this Wednesday that the intensification of the relations between both countries will continue, independent of the result of the elections of October in this country.

Brazilian president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and his Venezuelan colleague Hugo Chavez assured in their bilateral meeting number 17 that the reached relation does not have return back.

“The relation of Brazil and Venezuela is irreversible we have placed, it beyond the return point”, said to Chávez when concluding the encounter in Brasilia, in which they signed a twenty in agreements in the matter of agricultural cooperation, energetics, construction of houses and support to the development of the automotive industry in Venezuela.

“Independent of which it happens in the elections of October, independent of which it happens the 26 of September (legislative elections in Venezuela), independent of which it happens in December of 2012 (Venezuelan presidential elections), the relations of Brazil and Venezuela arrived at a point of much solidarity”, it emphasized Chávez.

In the same tone, Lula showed that during its mandate, that will conclude the 31 of December, Venezuela became a key partner for Brazil.

“Venezuela became an exceptional partner of Brazil and many Brazilian industralists who are operating in Venezuela. The industralists are there operating, making money and elevating the level of industrialization of Venezuela to reduce his dependency of petroleum”, he emphasized Lula.

Good business of Brazil
The relation lead to an increase of the Brazilian institutional presence, that is present in Caracas with state agencies of the Brazilian Agency of Industrial Development, Brazilian Company of Farming Investigation, and Federal Economic Caixa, a bank specialized in financing popular house.

The commercial relation enters countries both also grew until reaching 4,200 million dollars in 2009, of which 3,600 million dollars correspond to Brazilian exports.

Lula declared that the commercial relation must balance, and mentioned the construction of the heavy petroleum refiner Abreu and Lima, the Brazilian north, like a factor that will allow Brazil to acquire crude heavy Venezuelan and to establish a balance in the interchange enters countries both.

“I do not have successor”

President Hugo Chavez, in the power from December of 1998, said in Brasilia that does not know when it will give his position to a successor, and considered that there is “no at sight” candidate to replace to him.

“I do not know”, said Chávez in a press conference in Brasilia in which envelope was consulted when it has predicted to give the position to a successor, since president Brazilian Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva makes, prevented by the Constitution to appear to one second re-election.

“How he was that you asked to me, who when I have predicted to give to me successive? I do not have predicted that, is not predicted, I do not have successor at this moment in view, nor it is predicted succession in the short term “, said Chávez, next to Lula.

“They spent eight years and Lula must go away, is a mandate of the Brazilian Constitution”, recognized Chávez, but that does not happen in Venezuela where the re-election is indefinite, after the last constitutional reform supported by the own Chávez.

New Message
Please login to post a reply