Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
1. This recent excerpt from Jim Sinclair's blog seems to apply perfectly to CRY management. Mr. Sinclair, Thank you for posting, and sharing with all of us, your latest missive concerning the great "arb." I too was a dealer of sorts (options market maker at the CBOE for almost 20 years). I have one question: Wouldn’t it be prescient of the actual miners to take product off of the market and hold some back? If enough producers could collectively do this, wouldn’t this put a chink in the armor of the dealer’s need for physical supply to balance their spread? Thanks for all that you do to help/inform your followers. CIGA Tim Tim, Yes, absolutely. The problem is simple. Management or the board of gold mining companies are Rock Heads. The only value they attach to gold is the real price they mine at, not the accountant fiddled higher price. The biggest bears on earth from $248 to $1200 was the major gold producers short of gold on their OTC derivative sales. The entities who have no understanding of the gold price or even a feeling of kindred-ship with gold price, are the major gold producers. They are too busy living off the spoils to think of the gold investors. They are too busy living off the spoils to think about the shareholders. They will never do anything to help gold, ever. Their only thought when gold rises is how they can increase production. Now when they talk they pay gold respect, but not when they talk privately. Certainly not when they are trying to increase production to sell it as fast as they can. It would be breaking a long standing tradition of the Rocks & Humps Society to help the gold price. Regards, Jim Jim, 2. If Fung was so smart why didn't he do a deal with CITIC? When I asked Fung about CITIC in a private conversation (during the waiting period when we were eagerly awaiting for the CHINA-DEAL! to be approved and our shareprice withered away) he had no answer. In retrospect it is clear why.
New Message
Please login to post a reply