Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Sorry to come back to this topic but I was asked in a message about the risk of opting in and the impact on the award for those who don't opt in.

Firstly, I haven't opted in so can't comment on the risks. There are conditions where an opt in might have some risk but others can cover this better than me.

Those who don't opt in are most likely to be treated exactly the same as those who do opt in by the courts with respect to the award, with the benefit that they will not have to give up part of the award to Gowling. There are scenarios where the opt ins could get more benefit but as the opt in committee has not advertised I can't see this happening.

I do not recommend either route (but doing nothing is not the same as opting out). You should seek your own legal advice if you are unsure.

I believe both these questions are covered by the opt in committee giving similarly equivocal answers. I'm sorry but that is all anyone who values integrity is likely to do. You could ask the opt in committee how many shareholders have opted in and what percentage of shares that represents. On this forum it appears that I am in the very small minority of shareholders who have chosen not to opt in. I'm not suggesting you should follow the herd but sometimes that is as good a reason as any.

By the way, wouldn't it be useful to add a link to Gowling here?

New Message
Please login to post a reply