Welcome to the Cub Energy Hub On AGORACOM
Message: Cub Energy earns $483,000 (U.S.) in Q2 2021
Cub Energy earns $483,000 (U.S.) in Q2 2021
2021-08-25 14:44 ET - News Release
Mr. Patrick McGrath reports
CUB ENERGY ANNOUNCES SECOND QUARTER RESULTS
Cub Energy Inc. has released its unaudited financial and operating results for the interim six months ended June 30, 2021. All dollar amounts are expressed in United States dollars unless otherwise noted. This update includes results from Kub-Gas LLC, which Cub has a 35-per-cent equity ownership interest, Tysagaz LLC, Cub's 100-per-cent-owned subsidiary, and CNG LLC, which Cub has a 50-per-cent equity ownership interest.
Patrick McGrath, chief executive officer of Cub, said: "We are pleased to report $1,488,000 in profit from our gas trading business during the six months ended June 30, 2021, which resulted in the company reporting net income of $746,000 for same period. This was the best net income growth in over two years. Other significant accomplishments during the current period include the commencement of commercial production of the new power generation business and entering into an agreement to divest its non-core western Ukraine licence for proceeds of up to approximately $1-million."
- Achieved average natural gas price of $6.50/Mcf (thousand cubic feet) and condensate price of $68.12/bbl (barrel) during the six months ended June 30, 2021, as compared with $2.77/Mcf and $33.01/bbl for the comparative 2020 period. The increase in commodity prices is due, in large part, to a colder European winter, the lessening global impacts of COVID-19 and geopolitical events.
- The company's two Jenbacher power units were installed and commenced commercial production in the second quarter of 2021. The power generation units produced 2,253 megawatts an hour (MWh) for the period of commencement in mid-May, 2021, to June 30, 2021, at an average price of $73/MWh.
- Production averaged 532 boe/d (barrels of oil equivalent per day) (97 per cent weighted to natural gas and the remaining to condensate) for the six months ended June 30, 2021, as compared with 648 boe/d for the comparative 2020 period.
- On April 30, 2021, the company announced it had entered into a share purchase agreement (SPA) to sell its 50 per cent interest in CNG Holdings, which indirectly owns the Uzhgorod licence in western Ukraine. In consideration, the company is to receive 800,000 euros ($970,000 (U.S.)) for its 50-per-cent interest in CNG Holdings. The consideration consists of 600,000 euros ($728,000 (U.S.)) in cash on closing and 200,000 euros ($242,000 (U.S.)) is a contingent payment on certain future events including a commercial discovery. The closing is subject to certain conditions including Ukraine regulatory approval and is expected to close in Q4 2021.
- The gross profit on the company's gas trading business increased to $1,488,000 during the six months ended June 30, 2021, as compared with $332,000 in gross profit in the comparative 2020 period.
- The company reported net income of $746,000 or zero cents per share during the six months ended June 30, 2021, as compared with a net loss of $1.9-million or one cent per share during the 2020 comparative period.
- Netbacks of $19.17/boe or $3.20/Mcfe were achieved for the six months ended June 30, 2021, as compared with netback of $3.77/Boe or $0.63/Mcfe for the six-month comparative period in 2020.
With the current cash resources, negative working capital, fluctuating commodity prices, currency fluctuations, reliance on a limited number of customers, the company may not have sufficient cash to continue the exploration and development activities. These matters raise significant doubt about the ability of the company to continue as a going concern and meet its obligations as they become due.
Cub's complete interim reporting package, including the unaudited consolidated interim financial statements and associated management's discussion and analysis, have been filed on SEDAR and have been posted on the company's website.
About Cub Energy Inc.
Cub Energy is a power and upstream oil and gas company, with a proven record of exploration and production cost-efficiency in Ukraine. The company's strategy is to implement western technology and capital, combined with local expertise and ownership, to increase value in its undeveloped land base, creating and further building a portfolio of assets within a high-commodity-price environment.
We seek Safe Harbor.
Please login to post a reply