Welcome to the Cub Energy Hub On AGORACOM

Free
Message: Nat Gas Prices Hit $73 an MCF or $460 Per Barrel In Ukraine

Not sure if anyone has been paying attention to the European Natural Gas crisis, but prices have hit a level that I always thought was impossible to achieve. January pricing is at $73 an MCF, equivalent to $460 USD a barrel of oil equivalent! 

https://www.ueex.com.ua/eng/exchange-quotations/natural-gas/medium-and-long-term-market/

We saw the Uzhgorod asset sale close this week, which gives me hope that the subsidiary sale should also close. Reason I believe this will occur is because Burisma is making a fortune right now with their 65% ownership and payback on the acquisition will be quick. 

Cub Energy made $1.4 million USD in profit last quarter and the average pricing was $7.66 an MCF. The average from October on has been over $20+ an MCF, this can be seen on page 4 of KUB’s December 2021 Company Presentation:

http://www.cubenergyinc.com/_resources/corporate-presentation.pdf

▪ Q1-Q3 2021 average sales price of $7.66/Mcf and a corporate netback of $3.82/Mcfe(1) 

▪ October/November sale price has been closer to $20.00/Mcf

As well, Cub Energy started selling Natural Gas from their RK field rather than electricity because of this. From the financial results press release:

• The power business generated 5,546 megawatts an hour from the Jenbacher power units in western Ukraine for the period of commencement in mid-May, 2021, to Sept. 18, 2021, at an average price of $71 per MWh. Due to the recent material increase in natural gas prices and no parallel increase in power prices, the company has increased its sales of natural gas at the RK field and temporarily suspended the power business as of Sept. 18, 2021, as this strategy is more profitable at present. The company will continue to monitor the prices of both commodities and utilize whichever one produces the better return for shareholders.

New Message
Please login to post a reply