Diamonds North Resources Ltd

Targeting Canada's Next Diamond Mine

Free
Message: Diamonds North Nickel Airborne Survey Completed on Amaruk

ccnm

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - July 28, 2011) - Diamonds North Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:DDN) reports that the Geotem airborne electro-magnetic survey targeting nickel on the Amaruk-Tunerq Property in Nunavut has been complete. Processing and interpretation of the data will commence immediately. To view a presentation on the nickel potential at Amaruk visit our website .

"Amaruk has the potential to host a significant nickel deposit. We are excited to receive the results from this survey to advance the project to target testing," says Mark Kolebaba, President and CEO of Diamonds North.

The 5,000 line kilometre Geotem Survey operated by Fugro is funded by the Mineral and Metals Group (See news release July 14, 2011). The survey focused on known mafic-ultramafic bodies and geochemical anomalies previously identified including the Tunerq prospect. At Tunerq a drill hole intersected 2.49% nickel over a 9 metre interval within a 35 metre zone assaying 1% nickel (See news release May 22, 2008).

Bruce Kienlen (P. Geol) and Graham Gill (P. Geo) will review the base metal data from this project for Diamonds North.

About Diamonds North

Diamonds North Resources Ltd. is rapidly evolving and committed to building long-term value for shareholders through ongoing discoveries and leveraging business opportunities from our vast land holding.

About MMG

MMG is owned by Minmetals Resources Limited (HKSE:1208), an international upstream base metals company. It is one of the world's largest producers of zinc as well as a substantial producer of copper, lead, gold and silver. Minmetals Resources Limited currently has mining operations located in Australia and Asia and a large portfolio of exploration and development projects in Australia, Asia and North America. Its operations include the Century mine in Queensland, Sepon copper and gold operations in Laos, Golden Grove underground base and precious metals mine in Western Australia and the polymetallic Rosebery mine in Tasmania.

On behalf of Diamonds North Resources Ltd.

Mark Kolebaba, President & CEO

Statements in this press release, other than purely historical information, including statements relating to the Company's future plans and objectives or expected results, may include forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on numerous assumptions and are subject to all of the risks and uncertainties inherent in resource exploration and development. As a result, actual results may vary materially from those described in the forward-looking statements.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: Troy Shultz
Diamonds North Resources Ltd.
Corporate Communications
(604) 689-2010
(604) 484-7143 (FAX)
[email protected]
http://www.diamondsnorth.com/">www.diamondsnorth.com

New Message
Please login to post a reply