Welcome to Donner Metals Hub On AGORACOM

Free
Message: Cambridge House World Resource Investment Conference: May 26th, 2013

David Patterson, Chairman of Donner Metals Ltd., “High-grade Zinc and Copper Production in Quebec”

http://stocknewsnow.com/david-patterson-chairman-of-donner-metals-ltd-high-grade-zinc-and-copper-production-in-quebec/

Donner Metals Website: http://donnermetals.com/

Donner Metals Ltd. (TSX-V: DON) is a Canadian development and exploration company focused on base and precious metal projects in Québec. Donner’s flagship project is a partnership with Glencore Xstrata in the Matagami Mining Camp, covering both the current development of a new mine that began production May 15, 2013, and on-going exploration activities. The project is located in the Abitibi region of central Québec and it is supported by Glencore Xstrata’s existing mine infrastructure, a highly experienced workforce, and an operating 3,000 tonnes per day mill. As well, the area is serviced by highway, power, airport, railway, and town-site infrastructure. SNNLive spoke with David Patterson, Chairman of Donner Metals Ltd. at Cambridge House International’s World Resource Investment Conference 2013 in Vancouver, BC. “Donner is in joint venture with a company called Glencore Xstrata and we have just built a mine in Quebec that’s Zinc and Copper rich, and it began production on time and on budget, which is rare,” Mr. Patterson begins, “High-grade zinc, high-grade copper, gold and silver.”

Mr. Patterson goes on to talk about a press release that Donner recently put out, “Our exploration results, which show the continuation of high-grade down-dip, which allows us, we think, will allow us to expand the size of the deposit,” where he continues with a discussion about the zinc and copper markets: “For copper right now, it’s around $3.25 and for Zinc about $0.84-$0.85…Zinc has done very well in this market, and we’re looking for it to do actually quite a bit better. We’ve seen some major mines closing – Brunswick, Scorpio, Lisheen, we know that Red Dog One has closed, Perseverance has closed, and the only one opening is little Donner.” When asked about being in ‘Elephant Country’, Mr. Patterson states, “The great thing about it, in the Mitagami Camp, we’ve found the second largest deposit after 50 years of exploration. So we’re the 12th deposit, 2nd largest right now and we have ambitions to grow even larger.”

Mr. Patterson has been involved with exploration companies for over two decades, and has an extensive European and North American network that has enabled him to raise in excess of $100 million for mineral and oil and gas exploration companies, including Donner Metals Ltd, where he tells Shelly about Donner Metals’ technical team, “we’re surrounded by very competent people; both engineers and geologists. So we’ve won two geological awards and one development award for engineering.”

“If you look around this show, there’s 400 companies here, I think you’d be hard pressed to find one that made a discovery, followed that discovery through the construction of a mine and to see it’s own production. There’s companies here that are producers, but it was a mine that required metal prices to get better for them to be able to put it into production, where, ours, was we made the discovery and we saw it all the way through,” he explains, “We have our off-take agreement with Glencore. So what’s happens at the mill, there’s train that runs right out the back of the mill directly to a refinery. You cannot get much cheaper than this, is be able to move your tons directly to a refinery.” For more information about Donner Metals, check out their website. SNNLive welcomes David Patterson, Chairman of Donner Metals. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbzL5AVUovg&feature=player_embedded

New Message
Please login to post a reply