Welcome to the Electrovaya Hub on AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Yesterday = long squeeze.
Today = short squeeze.
Conclusion : "they" are manipulating stock price so that inexperienced investors get burned. I am not one of those investors. I am actually amused because I know what they are up to :) There is apsolutely no reason to sell. I own 115,000 shares. I am not a one minute-man like Gerrit. My target price is $8. Not selling a single share until it reaches my target.
For newbies; There are ~ 950,000 shares shorted (good thing). They have to cover at some point driving the price up (good point). Don't panic, its what "they" want you to do. Be smart. Be patient.
DEFINITION of 'Long Squeeze'
A long squeeze, which involves a single stock, occurs when a sudden drop in price incites further selling, pressuring long holders of the stock into selling their shares to protect against a dramatic loss. Less popular than its more famous brother, the short squeeze, long squeezes are most apt to be found in smaller, more illiquid stocks, where a few determined or panicking shareholders can create unwarranted price volatility in a short period of time.
BREAKING DOWN 'Long Squeeze'
Short sellers can monopolize the trading in a stock for a brief period of time, creating a sudden drop in price. The main reason why long squeezes are so rare is that value buyers will step in once the price falls to a point deemed "too low", and bid the shares back up. A rapidly falling stock, without a fundamental basis for the drop, will soon be seen as a "value" play, but a rapidly rising stock will be seen as increasingly risky with every upward tick.
WHAT IS A 'Short Squeeze'
A situation in which a heavily shorted stock or commodity moves sharply higher, forcing more short sellers to close out their short positions and adding to the upward pressure on the stock. A short squeeze implies that short sellers are being squeezed out of their short positions, usually at a loss. A short squeeze is generally triggered by a positive development that suggests the stock may be embarking on a turnaround. Although the turnaround in the stock’s fortunes may only prove to be temporary, few short sellers can afford to risk runaway losses on their short positions and may prefer to close them out even if it means taking a substantial loss.
BREAKING DOWN 'Short Squeeze'
If a stock starts to rise rapidly, the trend may continue to escalate because the short sellers will likely want out. For example, if a stock rises 15% in one day, those with short positions may be forced to liquidate and cover their position by purchasing the stock. If enough short sellers buy back the stock, the price is pushed even higher.
New Message
Please login to post a reply