Welcome to the Evolving Gold Free HUB On AGORACOM
Evolving Gold is focused on exploring its significant discovery at Rattlesnake Hills, Wyoming, an alkalic gold system, similar to the Cripple Creek gold district in Colorado, and on gold properties adjacent to the Carlin district of Nevada.
Message: Evolving Gold: Drilling Significantly Extends Gold System at the
Rattlesnake Hills Joint Venture, Wyoming
VANCOUVER, Nov. 15, 2011 /CNW/ - Evolving Gold Corp. (TSX: EVG) (OTCQX: EVOGF) (FSE: EV7) (the "Company") is pleased to provide an update of the drilling program at its Rattlesnake Hills joint venture gold property in Wyoming. Rattlesnake Hills is a joint venture with Agnico-Eagle (USA) Limited (Agnico-Eagle). Agnico-Eagle is the manager of the joint venture and is funding 100 percent of the current exploration program.
Summary of Results:
- The 2011 summer program at Rattlesnake Hills has completed a total of 8,193 m (26,880 ft) of core drilling in 24 holes. The results of the first 11 holes are reported here.
- Drilling has extended gold mineralization at the North Stock target to depth and to the south west.
- Drill hole RSC-160 intersected 282.9 m at 1.08 g/t Au (927.9 ft at 0.031 oz/t), including 39.6 m at 2.57 g/t Au (129.4 ft at 0.075 oz/t), confirming vertical continuity of gold mineralization to below a depth of 300 meters.
- Drill hole RSC-165 intersected 115.8 m at 0.50 g/t Au (379.8 ft at 0.015 oz/t) extending gold mineralization some 40 m to the south west of the know gold body.
- Gold extensions are open to the south, west and at depth. Future drilling will continue to follow up on demonstrated extensions of the North Stock gold deposit.
- Drilling between the North Stock and Antelope Basin gold deposits has encountered broad intersections of gold mineralization.
- Drill hole RSC-167 intersected 62.5 m at 0.51 g/t Au (205.0 ft at 0.015 oz/t) 200 m south of the North Stock deposit and 300 m north of the Antelope Basin deposit. This mineralization has the potential to become a connecting zone of gold mineralization between the two deposits. Drilling will continue to further explore and define this area.
- In addition to the drill program, Agnico-Eagle initiated an extensive surface exploration effort and a district-wide airborne magnetic and radiometric survey was completed. Only a fraction of the Rattlesnake Hills land package has previously seen modern exploration techniques applied to it. This program is expected to highlight more gold target zones on the property.
"The drill results are very encouraging as they demonstrate that the gold mineralization at North Stock both continues to depths greater than 300 m and may extend southward to connect with the Antelope Basin gold zone," comments William Gee, CEO of Evolving Gold. "The existence of a significant quantity of gold between the two known gold deposits shows the potential to greatly enhance the economics of the known gold system by possibly allowing for a single large pit with a reduced strip ratio." Mr. Gee adds, "We also remain excited for the potential to expand beyond the known gold zones and develop additional drill target elsewhere on this large property".
Assays have been reported for eleven drill holes, RSC-157 through RSC-167. Assays for the remaining thirteen drill holes of this summer drill program will be reported once they are received. To view an image of the drill hole layout corresponding to this news release, please click here or go to page 3.
|Rattlesnake Hills Project Gold Assays|
|*0.24g/t Au cut-off grade is used for reporting purposes|
All drill hole averages are weighted averages, weighting each assay interval according to the core length for that assay interval. All assay intervals are included in the average, with no bottom cut-off. True widths of mineralization in these drill holes, at this stage of exploration, are not precisely known.
Drill samples were collected with a diamond core drill. Sample intervals are 1.5 m (5 feet), but in some instances sample intervals were based on geology and alteration. Half core was shipped to American Assay Laboratories in Elko, Nevada for preparation and to American's facility in Sparks, Nevada for analysis. Gold assays were determined using standard fire assay techniques on 30-gram pulps with an atomic absorption finish. Agnico-Eagle QA/QC included the insertion of standards and blanks on a regular basis. Check assays were performed by SGS Minerals Services in Toronto, Ontario.
About The Rattlesnake Hills Project
Rattlesnake Hills is an Evolving Gold, gold discovery joint ventured with Agnico-Eagle on June 27, 2011. Approximately 80,000m of core drilling in 180 holes has been completed in 4 seasons of drilling. As part of the joint venture agreement Agnico-Eagle has the right to earn up to 70% ownership in the project by spending $76 million on a combination of cash payments to Evolving Gold, purchases of Evolving Gold treasury shares, and project work commitments, including the obligation to advance the project through feasibility. Evolving Gold has no further spending commitment on the project as part of this joint venture. The agreement allows for considerable resources to be brought to the project in terms of people, mining expertise and capital while allowing Evolving gold to focus its people and capital on the extensive portfolio of gold properties it controls in Carlin, Nevada.
About Evolving Gold Corp.
Evolving Gold is focused on exploring its gold properties in and adjacent to the productive Carlin district of northern Nevada, and on advancing its gold discovery at Rattlesnake Hills, Wyoming. In compliance with National Instrument 43-101, the Company Chief Geologist, Steven R. Koehler, BSc Geology and CPG, is the Qualified Person responsible for the accuracy of this news release.
For more information about Evolving Gold please visit: www.evolvinggold.com.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors
EVOLVING GOLD CORP.
CEO and Director
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS: This press release contains forward-looking statements, which address future events and conditions, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. The Company's actual results and financial position could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of numerous factors, some of which may be beyond the Company's control. These factors include: results of exploration activities and development of mineral properties, fluctuations in the marketplace for the sale of minerals, the inability to implement corporate strategies, the ability to obtain financing, currency fluctuations, general market and industry conditions and other risks disclosed in the Company's filings with Canadian Securities Regulators.
Forward-looking statements are based on the expectations and opinions of the Company's management on the date the statements are made. The assumptions used in the preparation of such statements, although considered reasonable at the time of preparation, may prove to be imprecise and, as such, undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements. The Company expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. We seek safe harbour.
PDF with caption: "2011 Rattlesnake Hills Drill Hole Layout". PDF available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/media/2011/11/15/20111115_C5692_DOC_EN_6678.pdf
Source: Canada Newswire (November 15, 2011 - 8:00 AM EST)
Please login to post a reply