Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

Mining exploration is a long, and incredibly complex process. Looking at the Companys Timmins Porcupine West GOLD Resource, recent drilling added a lot of credibility to an Open Pit start up scenario, preferred by the Big Boys. With the assistance of a Toronto based group, Duponts immediate concern is further tightening up various sections of the known deposit, prior to contracting a 43-101 Resource Estimate upgrade. Hes determined to do at least another 10,000meter drilling program, before that happens. He fully understands the criteria of the Tahoes & Goldcorps, and one small step at a time, is making the TPW more compliant with that criteria. Obviously, the cost of the 43-101 upgrade is significant, so Dupont wants to be certain that the new numbers will constitute a considerable improvement over the existing ones. Then, possibly, we can consider spending at least $100,000 to have a PEA (Preliminary Economic Assessment) done. If I was looking to spend that kind of money, I would want to have a pretty good idea of the outcome as well, long before getting started.  

Apparently, Dupont will be in Toronto next week for a number of meetings, presumably to sort through some financing opportunities. Given some of the mystery surrounding previous trips to Toronto, are one or more of the TPW suitors ready to present proposals? I guess well find out soon enough.

Im hearing great progress has been made towards start up of the 3,000meter drilling program at the East Bay GOLD prospect. Geologists have been matching geochemistry, & geophysics, to determine the very best initial drill targets in the Companys vast land holdings in the region. I would think the proximity to neighbouring producer IAMGOLD might be a consideration as well?

Speaking generally, negative interest rates in Europe, and Japan, are driving a major flight to physical GOLD, increasing demand. Further, according to the latest COT Report, GOLD Futures contract numbers are accelerating rapidly, gaining 14,250 contracts on the upside potential of GOLD moving forward just this past week. The 10-11% deterioration in the USD since the beginning of this year has also helped GOLD test 2016 highs. The future looks bright for any pubco with a GOLD resource. Our day will come.

New Message
Please login to post a reply