Exploring for gold and base metals in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt

Abitibi has produced more than 180 M ounces of gold and more than 450 Mt of Cu-Zn ore to date

Free

The Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place January 16th, 2018. You should have received a ‘Voting Instruction Form’ in the mail by now. If you intend to vote, & have your voice heard, I would strongly recommend you do so by no later than this Friday, January 12th to ensure that the votes are included at the AGM. The process is extremely simple, and can all be done online in a matter of minutes.

The East Bay drilling program is proceeding nicely. I’m hearing the most recent hole, close to the western border of the property block, encountered significant mineralization at the 500meter level, and is proceeding to a depth of 600meters. Obviously, results will take 4-6 weeks to analyze. The second drill hole, completed just before Christmas, should be analyzed by the end of this month. With extensive mineralization, I’m sure management can’t wait to see if the results measure up to the optimism displayed with their visual observations of the core.

I would recommend all shareholders take a good look at the Company’s latest Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) available at www.sedar.com. The most significant part, from my point of view, is the total assets figure of $35,000,000. That would suggest a stock price considerably higher than the current trading level. I’ve suggested the trading activity on the TSX Venture Exchange leads me to believe some clandestine group is working hard to maintain a depressed stock price. Their clever use of the variety of ‘Sub Boards’ to the TSX Venture Exchange makes it appear as though the stock trades less than it does. If you trade through a bank, they only report actual Venture Exchange trades, and none of the sub board volume. Go to www.stockwatch.com, pull up EXS, and then hit ‘3 Month Closes’. There you will see that 2,355,000 shares were traded on the TriAct sub board alone since the 20th of December! It seems any time a significant market buy order comes in, it gets gobbled up by the sub boards. If all you ever see as an average investor is your bank quote, the stock appears ‘weak’, as the true trading volume goes unreported. The most frustrating thing, from my point of view, is the Exchange is helpless to do anything about it!

New Message
Please login to post a reply