Falcon is a global energy company with projects in Hungary, Australia & South Africa

Developing large acreage positions of unconventional and conventional oil and gas resources

Free
Message: Re: - Falcon Oil & Gas to hold AGM Dec. 10 -- Where do we go from here??
Dec 19, 2011 09:10AM
Dec 19, 2011 11:10AM
Dec 19, 2011 01:20PM

Dec 19, 2011 01:44PM
Dec 20, 2011 06:44PM

Dec 20, 2011 09:52PM
Dec 21, 2011 01:02AM
Dec 28, 2012 10:10PM
Mar 04, 2013 10:16PM

Good to see a bit of "conversation" about our bird, even without any concrete news. I remember only too well posting here ahead of last year's AGM and proposing a meet-up in Dublin for this year's event, confident that by this time the SP would've allowed us all to take some profits. I'd have liked nothing better than to spend my upcoming birthday in Dublin in a nice hotel combining the AGM with some pre-Christmas festivities. Maybe next year for my 60th. (As others have said, I just hope I live long enough to see some action here!).

I don't have a direct answer to the question "where do we go from here" but I think we can all agree that this bird is metaphorically stuck in the mud and needs a shot of rocket fuel to propel it into flight. I feel that the best way to make the market sit up and take notice would be a multi-pronged type announcement with positive news from all 3 territories.

The most important thing I've learned about the markets is that all they are is a reflection of the emotions of the market participants, with all their human frailties (including backroom boys). So I'm thinking here that what we need to give us a real boost is the announcement equivalent of Santa Claus with a full sack of gifts rather than what the market views as just a book token.

In which case it would make sense to hold fire on giving out the "book token" and waiting for a more exciting gift. And on a side note, I wonder about spending some of the "birthday money" on buying back some shares. I bet the market would appreciate that.

New Message
Please login to post a reply