Highly prospective exploration company

Resource projects cover more than 1,713 km2 in three provinces at various stages, including the following: hematite magnetite iron formations, titaniferous magnetite & hematite, nickel/copper/PGM, chromite, Volcanogenic Massive and gold.

Free
Message: Sprott's Thoughts..Rick Rule and Prospect Generators

Rick Rule: Large Miners “Crowding” Back Into Exploration as “Every Day You Mine, Your Business Gets Smaller”Oct 09, 2018 11:25 am

By Tekoa Da Silva

I had the chance to sit down once again, with Rick Rule, Chairman of Sprott U.S. Holdings. It was a fascinating interview, as Mr. Rule discussed the general state of the resource equity market, along with his most favored segment of the space – exploration. More specifically, the prospect generators.

Subscribe here to access Sprott Media video content

“Twenty years of underinvestment and malinvestment in exploration,” Rule explained, “has [created] a circumstance where major, mid-tier, and intermediate mining companies, are now crowding back into the exploration space, after having laid off their exploration staffs.”

“I was [recently] at a party given by a very famous mining entrepreneur,” Rule proclaimed, “and the CEO of a major mining company … came across the room to where I was sitting and sat down next to me and said, ‘Rick, you have me right where you want me – the board has said we need to increase emphasis on exploration but we’ve de-emphasized exploration for [the last] 10 years – our pipeline is empty and we’re understaffed.'”

“That [discussion was] the best endorsement for prospect generation that could possibly be given,” Rule stated.

At a time of increasing demand for high-quality deposits, the equity side of the exploration market is, “Unknown, unloved, unwanted – perfect,” Rule noted.

“The setup in prospect generators is probably the best in my career … Most people don’t know what they are … so there’s no competition from most investors. Investment bankers hate them [prospect generators] because they raise money from other mining companies rather than through written [bank] offerings.

“So there’s no research from the sell-side because they never get to do any underwritings to support them,” Rule added.

As a final comment Rule noted that, “All of a sudden, the prospect generators, which are unknown and unloved, have customers flocking to them. A circumstance where your business gets better and better, and your share price gets worse and worse – is a speculator’s dream. And that’s the circumstance that confronts us right now.”

To watch the full video interview with Mr. Rick Rule, Chairman of Sprott U.S. Holdings, Click here.

New Message
Please login to post a reply