The WORLD'S Purest SILVER Producer

ONE COUNTRY, ONE METAL

Free
Message: INVESTOR INTEL: First Majestic Silver grows San Martin

VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/75265023

INVESTOR INTEL: First Majestic Silver grows San Martin

By Resource Intelligence · October 15, 2013 · 4:31 pm · Leave a Comment

The San Martin Silver mine is located in Mexico in the state of Jalisco, 150 kilometers north of Guadalajara City, with additional surface rights where the processing plant, office facilities, maintenance shops and tailings dam are located.

Initial mining operations began at San Martin in 1983. The mine was purchased by First Majestic Silver in 2006.

The mill recently received a major expansion to 1,300 tpd, which is projected to increase annual silver production by over 50% to between 1.4 and 1.6 million ounces of silver poured into dore bars that contain silver and modest amounts of gold.

Mineralized ore is processed in a conventional circuit that includes crushing, grinding and cyanidation by agitation in tanks.

Historically, the majority of San Martin’s silver and gold has been mined from the main Zuloaga vein.

From October 2008 to the end of 2012, First Majestic operated an aggressive exploration program that included both underground and surface drilling of over 61,000 metres in 435 drill holes. This has lead to the expansion of numerous mineralized zones, and the development of new mines such as the Rosaria Mine.

In early 2013, First Majestic released an updated NI 43-101 technical report showing Proven and Probable silver Reserves increased by 224% to 21.6 million ounces and extending the mine life to the year 2022.

In addition, the mine boasts Measured and Indicated and Inferred silver resources of 2 million and 57.3 million ounces, respectively.

Exploration is ongoing to continue to expand the known areas of mineralization and further extend the mine life.

First Majestic has also continued to develop good relations locally with significant sustainable development programs.

In 2012, the Bolanos River, which supplies the town of San Martin de Bolanos had run dry and the town experienced a severe drought. The Company invested in the construction of a 10 km pipeline to supply the town with an alternate water supply. First Majestic also purchased a water treatment facility for the municipality. This new treatment plant recycles water for the town and helps to preserve the environment, as sewage was previously discarded raw into nearby rivers and streams.

For its efforts, First Majestic has been awarded the prestigious Clean Industry Certificate by the Mexican Environmental Authority for its voluntary environmental efforts at San Martin. First Majestic Silver is confident that continued success at San Martin will be beneficial to its shareholders, local residents and economic partners.

Go to FirstMajestic.com today to find out more about this and other First Majestic operations.

http://www.resourceintelligence.net/investor-video-first-majestic-silver-grows-san-martin/

New Message
Please login to post a reply