The WORLD'S Purest SILVER Producer

ONE COUNTRY, ONE METAL

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Have a great Sunday, especially those of you like me that are celebrating Orthodox Easter ... As well as those of you who are also like me and mourning another Maple Leafs Game 7 exit ... Ugggh!

Sincerely,

George et al

Message: First Majestic Silver Drops 3.2% Premarket As It Posts Q4 Loss

2018-03-01 08:46:14 AM ET (MT Newswires)

08:46 AM EST, 03/01/2018 (MT Newswires) -- First Majestic Silver (FR.TO) dropped 3.2% in premarket New York trading after the company said it swung to a fourth-quarter loss on charges, lower silver production, higher costs and weaker prices.

The company said it lost US$56.1 million in the quarter, or US$0.34 per share, compared with a year-prior profit of US$1.8 million, or US$0.01. It attributed the loss to a US$42.4 million writedown on its Del Toro silver mine. It pegged its adjusted loss per share at US$0.04 but offered no additional detail.

First Majestic said its silver-equivalent production in the quarter was 4.07 million ounces, down 7.2%, while all-in sustaining costs were 9.5% higher at US$14.13 per ounce and its average sale price dropped 3% to $16.61 per ounce.

The company, which operates six mines in Mexico, said it expects higher output this year

"Investments made in 2017 are expected to generate double digit growth in silver production in 2018 primarily due to higher underground production rates at Santa Elena and Del Toro. higher silver grades from caving and the start-up of the new roasting circuit at La Encantada," Keith Neumeyer, the company's chief executive, said in a statement.

First Majestic was down US$0.17 to US$5.14 in premarket trading. The shares closed Wednesday at $6.80 on the Toronto Stock Exchange.

New Message
Please login to post a reply