First Mining Gold

First Mining is a mineral property holding company whose principal business activity is to acquire high quality mineral assets with a focus in the Americas. The Company currently holds a portfolio of 21 mineral assets in Canada, Mexico and the U.S.A.

Free

Hi everyone,

I did some math today to get some estimates on paper.

I used numbers directly from the last news release. Read the excerpt below if you like.

"Presently, the strike length of the northwesterly-striking Portage Zone stands at approximately 950 meters. This zone remains open at depths in excess of 300 meters along its entire length. True widths of the zone generally range from 90 to 150 meters, but locally widen to as much as 250 meters. The zone remains open at depth, to the southeast and northwest where it appears to plunge underneath the Main Zone - a zone comprised of a series of high grade veins."

Although I believe this estimate is on the conservative side, assume the dimensions of this zone are 950m x 100m x 300m (length x width x depth). (Conservative mostly because the width varies between 90-150m, and is sometimes as wide as 250m, but we are using 100m).

Assume the density of the rock is 2.8 metric tonnes per cubic meter.

This gives us 28,500,000 cubic meters x 2.8 metric tonnes for 79,800,000 tonnes.

@ 1.0 g/t = 2,565,570 troy ounces
@ 1.25 g/t = 3,206,962 troy ounces
@ 1.5 g/t = 3,848,355 troy ounces

Notice that the grades that we are getting on the long intercepts are close to 1.5 g/t.

"The Portage Zone is hosted by a trachytic porphyry intrusion displaying polyphase autolithic breccias that contain gold mineralization of remarkably uniform grade."

Also directly from the last news release:

"The known mineralized zones underlie a total known area of about 4 square kilometers representing only about 15 percent of the greater alkaline intrusive complex which remains yet to be explored."

To compare this alkaline gold deposit to others around the world, take a look at page 5 of the the August 2009 Springpole presentation from the website.

Here: http://www.goldcanyon.ca/i/pdf/ppt/gcu-springpole-presentation.pdf

I'm looking forward to the next few months to see this thing unravel.

J.

New Message
Please login to post a reply