First Mining Gold

First Mining is a mineral property holding company whose principal business activity is to acquire high quality mineral assets with a focus in the Americas. The Company currently holds a portfolio of 21 mineral assets in Canada, Mexico and the U.S.A.

Free

At last somebody has jumped in to take advantage of undervaluations in PM juniors!

This looks like a good deal for IAM but not very good for TRR shareholders.

The deal will probably take a few weeks to find a resolution.

1) A deal will be completed at $3.30 cash.

2) A counter offer from another company.

3) Increased offer by IAM

4) Deal voted down by TRR shareholders.

Whatever happens "this was an event waiting to happen" Goldcorp price has been disappointing recently and I wouldn't be surprised if they start "looking around," if they are not doing so already. This also applies to other companies on the prowl.

The gold price could also come into the equasion. It is impossible under present global conditions and price manipulation (control) to forecast the immediate direction of the gold price. However if it goes up in the next few weeks to say to $1750* and sparks interest and big advances in the SP of gold juniors then TRR shareholders will be very unhappy with a static $330 for their shares!

This proposed takeover of TRR can only be good for GCU. If the trr situation triggers more takeovers of other juniors then we could have a rapid turnaround in the dismal situation in PM shares in general with focus being on the "next takeover"

I hope though that GCU will not suffer the fate of TRR. GCU seems to be still in the early stages of proving up much more gold and silver (not to forget the silver!) and it would be a pity not to see the full fruition of this for GCU shareholders. At some time the market conditions for PM shares will change and this on the back of good NR's from GCU could give us a big lift up in SP.

Well I remain cautiously optimistic for GCU, cautious because the market has wrong footed so many investors in PM's in the recent past. (e.g Feb 29 take down of gold and silver), Silver sold down by 10% in one hour by dumping on COMEX of the equivalent of 1 years production of silver (from report from Dr Willie). Not easy to make decisions in this kind of market!

Good luck to all GCU shareholders! Hopefully exciting times ahead! Just my own opinion of course, as always own research necessary especially with so many traps in this market.

New Message
Please login to post a reply