Member Inquiries, Feedback and Testimonials

Free

Hi there, I think that you will find that the CUU bashers are now hitting the BXX board fairly hard in their attempt to drag CUU et al into the mud.

I've banned three users in two days, and I've kind of given up banning them. They just create a new user anyways. I believe there needs to be a better system of actually thwarting this mulberry bush. It would be HIGHLY helpful if banned users remained in the IP Check tool (although yes I know that IP addresses are easily changed anyways). It would be good if we could see whether a new user belongs to a banned user's IP check.

I'm only one HL, and I have a real day job. Further to this, there are not as many posters at BXX that report violations, so my only method to ban a user is to report and process my own violations. I have serious reservations about doing this as I do not believe that any HL should be allowed to process their own reports. Unfortunately, if the bashers are the only ones posting at BXX now... well... there's very few others to report their posts as violations. Leaving me to either let their post stand, or to delete the post with no reported violations.

I'm happy to delete as necessary, but it would be far nicer if there was a better way to make this whole process more difficult for them instead of more difficult for us. Is there a way to tarpit them? 1 Post limit on first-day created accounts (not to be reset upon deleted posts). 2 Post limit on day 2? That way they get an increasing number of available posts up to the rank limits that slows down their nefarious actions.

I can see where this may be problematic in deploying, but I can tell you that something needs to be researched and done. The current system is beginning to fail. As an associate of mine would say... we are in a speeding car heading towards a brick wall. We have time to do "something" in order to turn the corner. Are we going to?

Hayz

New Message
Please login to post a reply