Welcome To The Genco Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Corporate Update

posted on Jan 22, 2009 12:21AM
January 21, 2009
Genco Provides Corporate Update
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 21, 2009) - Genco Resources Ltd. (TSX:GGC) announces that, effective immediately, Gregory K. Liller is no longer with the Company and, in his place, Robert Gardner has been appointed as acting Chief Executive Officer. In addition to his acting CEO duties, Mr. Gardner, together with Mr. James Anderson, will continue to serve as Co-Chairman of Genco's board of directors.

In a previous news release dated October 28, 2008, Genco reported that production at its La Guitarra Mine was temporarily suspended due to a walkout by employees of its primary mining contractor, SIMSA. Genco is pleased to announce that it has been informed by SIMSA that significant process has now been made to resolve this dispute. Genco is optimistic that full mine access will be re-established shortly.

During the work stoppage Genco revised the existing La Guitarra mine plan and revamped its Management team. To implement the revised plan, Mr. Gator Eastman has been appointed mine manager at La Guitarra. Mr. Eastman brings a wealth of expertise to his new position, having worked in underground mines in Canada and Mexico for over 20 years, holding progressively more responsible positions. Prior to joining the staff at La Guitarra in 2007, Mr. Eastman was involved in developing the Peregrina Mine at Gammon Gold's Ocampo Mine.

Mr. Gardner states, "We are confident the revised mine plan will be implemented successfully under Mr. Eastman's guidance and anticipate La Guitarra will be profitable in the current metal price climate."

About Genco Resources Ltd.

Genco's core asset is the producing La Guitarra silver-gold mine, located in the Temascaltepec Mining District of Mexico. La Guitarra Mine currently consists of two underground operation centres - La Guitarra and San Raphael - and a flotation mill with a proven capacity of 320 tonnes per day. Genco believes significant potential exists to expand production within the 39,714 hectares of mining concessions it currently owns or leases in the Temascaltepec Mining District.
New Message
Please login to post a reply