Welcome To The Gold Ore Resources Ltd HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Announces Positive Tellurium

posted on Jan 08, 2009 02:00AM
January 7, 2009
Gold-Ore Announces Positive Tellurium Metallurgical Studies
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 7, 2009) - Gold-Ore Resources Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:GOZ) has received positive metallurgical test results for tellurium recovery from gold concentrates at the Bjorkdal Gold Mine in Sweden. The test work was conducted by SGS Minerals Services in Lakefield, Ontario. The Bjorkdal area has long been recognized as a tellurium-rich district and the production of tellurium as a by-product could have important economic benefits for the mine. Several end-users have expressed an interest in purchasing any tellurium that may be recovered at the mine site.

The SGS tests applied an acid leach process to a Bjorkdal gold concentrate sample and achieved 70% recovery of tellurium and bismuth in a 24 hour period. Management is very encouraged by these initial results and is optimistic that further studies will result in higher recoveries.

A second stage of tests at SGS is underway and will address the following points:

- Increasing tellurium and bismuth recovery rates in the leach process

- Reduce leaching times and minimize reagent consumption

- Commence test work for precipitating tellurium and bismuth

- Determine the capital and operating costs for producing tellurium and bismuth byproducts

Historically, the Bjorkdal Gold Mine has paid penalties for exceeding acceptable tellurium and bismuth levels in the gold concentrates. While not onerous, the penalties could be removed with the production and marketing of tellurium and bismuth concentrates.

Tellurium is a key element in the manufacturing of some solar panels, flash memory and Blu-ray DVD technology. Demand for this unique element is expected to rise significantly in the coming years, particularly with increased demand for solar power.

About Gold-Ore

Gold-Ore Resources is a gold mining and exploration company focused in Sweden. The Company is debt-free and unhedged, and remains focused on increasing gold production from the 100%-owned Bjorkdal Mine. In addition to Bjorkdal, the Company also has other assets in the country; the Ronnberget Gold Property (adjacent to Bjorkdal), the Norrliden Polymetallic Deposit and the Vallberget Polymetallic Property.

Bjorkdal property information is posted on the Company's web site at www.goldoreresources.com.

ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD

Glen Dickson, Chairman
New Message
Please login to post a reply