Welcome To The Golden Dawn Minerals Inc HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Golden Dawn Receives Ministry of Mines Permit toConduct Underground
Drilling on its Greenwood Precious Metal Project, British Columbia

.(via Thenewswire.ca)

Vancouver, June 11, 2013 - Wolf Wiese, CEO of Golden Dawn Minerals Inc. (TSX-V: GOM; FRANKFURT: 3G8N) (the "Company" or "Golden Dawn") reports that the Company has received the Ministry of Mines permit to conduct underground diamond drilling exploration in the #7 adit at the May Mac Mine, located on the 100% owned Boundary Falls Property on its Greenwood Precious Metal Project, 3.0 km south of the city of Greenwood, in South Central B.C.. The May Mac Mine has seven adits and has seen intermittent production over the past

100 years. Production ceased in 1982 coincident with the precipitous decline of precious metals.

May Mac Mine

The Company will drill the head of the tracked #7 adit to confirm the continuation of the en echelon AA-AB and C vein systems. These have been mined on the #4, #5 and #6 adit levels. The #4, #5 and #6 adits were mined over a vertical elevation difference as much as 80 m below surface. The #7 adit is approximately 60 meter below the #6 adit. In 1976 four ore shipments to Cominco Smelter in Trail B.C. from the "B" Zone of #6 adit Level had the following grades:

------------------------------------------
 |Tonnes|Au g/t|Ag g/t|% Cu|% Pb|% Zn|note|
 |----------------------------------------|
 |68.0  |1.95  |221.14|0.11|1.60|0.80|(1) |
 |69.9  |3.77  |870.86|0.29|4.30|2.70|(2) |
 |74.4  |1.95  |418.29|0.19|3.60|2.00|(3) |
 |51.7  |2.98  |524.58|0.25|3.90|2.50|(4) |
 ------------------------------------------
  1. (1)Cominco Assay Certicficate 377211, June 25, 1976

2. (2)Cominco Assay Certicficate 377152, July 22, 1976

3. (3)Cominco Assay Certicficate 377226, August 5, 1976

4. (4)Cominco Assay Certicficate 377234, August 17 1976

View maps at: http://www.goldendawnminerals.com/pdf/GOM Brochure.pdf

The Company will drill test to determine the extension of the vein systems to depth. Upon successful drill testing the Company's expectations are for the development toward extraction of a 10,000 ton bulk sample.

Wild Rose Mine

In addition to the work conducted on the May Mac Mine, the Company is applying for work permits to conduct further the development of the Wild Rose Property. The proposed work is to included surface and underground diamond drilling and upon yielding successful results, further underground development toward extracting a 10,000 ton bulk sample from the Wild Rose Property. The Wild Rose Mine is located 3 km north of the May Mac Mine, mill and tailings impoundment complex.

The Wild Rose adit has encountered several well-mineralized, en echelon veins in surface diamond drilling and underground development. These include the Wild Cat, Wild Rose, Wild Rose #2, and Shaft veins.

Reported intercept grades are:

Wild Rose vein #1

DDH 86-11: 1.5m @ 7.6 g/t Au, 7.8 g/t Ag

DDH 87-3: 2.3m @ 7.2 g/t Au, 11.0 g/t Ag

Wild Rose vein #2

DDH 87-4: 2.5m @ 2.5 g/t Au, 2.5 g/t Ag

DDH 87-9: 2.0m @ 7.7 g/t Au, 4.3 g/t Ag

Wild Cat vein

DDH 92-41: 1.3m @13.97 g/t Au

Adit sample: 1.2m @ 10.0 g/t Au, 2.2% Cu

This vein system has been encountered in and immediately adjacent to the 350-meter of underground development in the Wild Rose Adit. The Wild Rose Vein system appears to extend into the Deadwood low grade bulk tonnage epithermal deposit for approximately 1200 meters, where high grade intersections over a meter have been encountered by historical drilling as well as recent diamond drilling by the Company. The Company recently announced an Inferred National Instruments 43-101 compliant resource* of 415,000 oz. of gold and 24,000,000 tons grading 0.53 grams of gold p/t, with a cut of grade of 0.3 g/ton Gold in the Deadwood epithermal zone (see news release December 11, 2012).

Mr. Wayne Ash, PEng., a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, has reviewed and approved the contents of this release.

*Inferred Mineral Resources are not Mineral Reserves. Inferred Mineral Resources do not have demonstrated economic viability, and may never be converted into Reserves.

On behalf of the Board of Directors:

GOLDEN DAWN MINERALS INC.

---------"Wolf Wiese"______

----Wolf Wiese

President/ Chief Executive Officer

Golden Dawn Minerals Website:

http://www.goldendawnminerals.com

THIS PRESS RELEASE WAS PREPARED BY MANAGEMENT WHO TAKES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS CONTENTS. NEITHER TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS CERTAIN FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS WHICH INVOLVE KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS, DELAYS, AND UNCERTAINTIES NOT UNDER THE COMPANY'S CONTROL WHICH MAY CAUSE ACTUAL RESULTS, PERFORMANCE OR ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE COMPANY TO BE MATERIALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE RESULTS, PERFORMANCE, OR ACHIEVEMENTS IMPLIED BY THESE FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS. WE SEEK SAFE HARBOR.

Copyright (c) 2013 TheNewswire - All rights reserved.

Source: TheNewsWire (June 11, 2013 - 12:39 PM EDT)
New Message
Please login to post a reply