Developing Bellechasse-­Timmins Gold Deposit

New Discovery Resulting in a 20KM Mineralized Gold Belt

Free

Well Pam, looks like it's not to be....I'll go on record here, so many may call me a whining Canuck, but hockey has become..'who can injure the top players, with the littlest penalty possible.' Hockey is now more about being as physically damaging as possible, and get away with it. There is no doubt that the Sedin brothers are a big reason why the Canucks got to where they are. Duncan Keith took care of Daniel, and last night Brown intentionaly tried to take out Henrick. You could see the intent as he skated along the boards, Henricks back turned, and hit him with his shoulder, going for his chin, with intent to damage. Just amazes me that that wasn't called. And so what if it had? 5 min. penalty...maybe a 5 game suppension....in the big picture, totally worth it for the offending team, if a star player is put out of commission.

I'm close to not even watching hockey anymore.....there's hardly time to play good hockey in many games.....it's become way too focused on hitting and hurting. Not unlike the Football scandal......

The problem is not nescessarily the hit, but the letting loose of the violence that lurks just below the surface in contact sports.......they are like battles, and allowing the 'bloodlust' to surface is opening a pandora's box.

Being a great player used to mean your talent made a big difference.... now it means you you're a target for someone trying to hurt you enough to get you out of the game. That's not to say the good players shouldn't be harrassed and checked, just not targeted with disabling violence.

Hockey is no longer about great play, but about having some 'smart bombs' on your team.

Yeh, yeh, this is OT stuff, so give me 5 min, and suspend me....

Penderite

Apr 16, 2012 04:41PM
Apr 16, 2012 04:44PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply