Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

They can't change the terms of the offering after it closes and ECU never inserted any clause in the agreement for a company option of early forced exercise, at least not that I have been able to find from my documents. I have done many financings with ECU and this clause has never been used. I have also done dozens and dozens of financings with other companies and don't see this clause very often. In fact I have advised companies not to use it on occasions when they have the option available because no one likes to be forced to exercise.

I agree that this clause is sometimes inserted in some deals and I have had it occur to me but it's in frequent because investors in financings hate this clause. Normally this clause allows the company at some pre-stated and determined higher stock price to force exercise of a series of warrants if say the stock trades at this much higher elevated level for a period of 30 days or more. If the company employed this option in their financing on the warrants they then have the right to force exercise over a further 30 day period.

I reinterate the company must have this forced warrant clause in the orignal agreement and few companies use this clause.

New Message
Please login to post a reply