Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
Message: ECU: How do we know the stock is under attack by a "short?"

Silver Bull. Thanks for sharing that fantastic information. I hope you and others will discuss it with ECU's management team.

When I look at my charts, it seems like the relationship between ECU and the price of Silver really started to diverge around February 8th, the day after the press release that follows:

ECU Silver Reports Results from Stope/Resource Reconciliation at the Santa Juana Mine

TORONTO, ONTARIO – February 7, 2011 – ECU Silver Mining Inc. (TSX: ECU) is pleased to announce some of the results from its current development work, where the Company has again recorded significantly higher grades from active stopes compared to the mineral resource grades calculated for the Company’s NI 43-101 resource report, in the same corresponding area. Due to the consistency in the higher stope grades versus resource grades at the Santa Juana mine, located in the main Velardeña Property, the Company is attempting to reconcile assays from mine production to mineral resource grades in this area.

A major vein in the Santa Juana mine, the C-1 vein, was recently opened on level 19 and 39 samples were taken from the stope face, which averaged 29.80 grams per tonne (g/t) gold (Au), 819 g/t silver (Ag), 3.09% lead Pb and 3.40% zinc (Zn) over an average width of 0.51 meters. The best sample graded 85.31 g/t Au and 150 g/t Ag over 0.80 meters. These results are much higher than the expected grades of 3.70 g/t gold (Au) and 173 g/t silver (Ag) over 1.27 meter that were calculated for the most recent NI 43-101 mineral resource estimate report.

Michel Roy, CEO and Chairman of ECU stated, “This consistent higher grading in the production stopes has been reported in several press releases of the Company in recent months. The Company intends to use all this information to reconcile assays from production and assays from the NI 43-101 resources report. The objective will be to evaluate the opportunity of understanding whether revising the current resources merits producing a new NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource report, that would include the results of this reconciliation.”

ECU hit a high of $1.21 on February 7th, a day that Silver topped out at 29.46.

Since the high that day, ECU has fallen 36.4% while Silver has risen 62.5%.

Hard to comprehend....

New Message
Please login to post a reply