Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Hey there GWR1!

I also don't want to debate, but do think a clarification is justified, especially on a slow day with no markets.

Dear Sir, I also believe that a man I respect as much as you should not assume that I would not have done my homework (touché!)... of course I have utilized the well known 'soundbite' which did the rounds in order to make a point, but I have also listened to the entire exchange, the surrounding statements and even Romney's very poor attempt at a clarification.

In fact, I have spent a long time being very aware of Romney and his multiple (failed) attempts to win power. It do not think his lack of likeability has anything to do with the propaganda forces... in fact without propaganda forces, Romney would have been pinned to the canvas a long, long time ago. His dishes dirt with the help of Super Pacs the way Lin hits 3 pointers (I watch sports too!). I have no problem whatsoever believing that Romney doesn't care for the very poor, or for that matter the average American. I think he was told over and over again to 'focus' on the demographics that will win him the nomination and he simply revealed that to everyone and thought it was fine to do so. In his clarification, he stated that he needed to 'focus' somewhere and his focus was on the middle class. The largest (or at least it was...) demographic and the critical one for him to win. He's so polished he makes his shoes look dull. Well maybe not, because as polished as he is, he's pretty darned dull and I don't see many 'excited' about the idea of a president who sells his own beliefs down the river in exchange for a slight chance at power.

Now back to your real point. I agree 100.9% with what you said in the rest of your post. Soundbites and 24 hour news is total rubbish. Ron Paul the other day made a very clear statement regarding his fears that the united states 'could' fall into Fascism if it continued to trounce on civil liberties. He's really, really right. The problem the media have is that you still have freedoms in America.

You have (so far) an open internet which you can use to educate yourself and to access unbiased (or less biased anyhow) news sources. However, as they are now doing in Canada, they will try to take this from you as well. In Canada, you are apparently "for the monitoring of the internet", or you are "with the pedophiles". Right... whatever. I'm sure if they repeat it and repeat it the people will look away when Harper strips them of this basic freedom to communicate unfettered. Just as the Americans have looked away as the USA has done away with the right to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. You're either for confinement without charges or you're with radical terrorists wanting to kill you.

Fear is control. They want you to be afraid. It works and they prove it every day. Ron Paul probably was heard by about a thousand people, whereas millions know that Gingrich cheated on his sick wife... actually on his sick wives (pl.). The Super Pac decision will entrench the power of money to control the minds of the masses. It was meant to be. The rich get richer and the poor get the picture.

Now don't go mistaking me for a Democrat lover either! They are just as complacent and 'to blame' as the Republicans, but at least the Republicans let you know how vile they are. Politics in America doesn't matter anymore, TPTB run the game and all the rest is simply bread and circuses.

My point... my point was that by providing a bit less 'me, me, me' in the world, we win in the end as we also receive a bit more love from around us by the others changing their focus. It may be quite a cheesy 'Christian' thought, but doing good unto others and caring about all people, not just demographics is (fully in MY opinion) one of the keys to a happier society. All religions that I know of preach of charity as the highest of deeds. And charity is not always about ‘money’…

I have been to many, many countries and spent a lot of time studying various cultures… now I’m not PHD in sociology, but when I compare many far poorer nations to my 21 years in North America, I know that the folks back home (for all their wealth) are not living in the happiest place on earth. I re-iterate my point that Romney’s statement (soundbite that it is) is indicative of what is truly wrong with the west… we are no longer a community who act like a community, we are individuals looking after ourselves. It makes us our own worst enemies. We have created false idols and we pray to them nearly every day.

So in closing… sorry GWR1 that’s a bit of a all inclusive rebuttal, but I really wanted to illustrate that I may have simplified things by using a soundbite, but that the soundbite in itself was not a misrepresentation of the man, nor a misrepresentation of my point.

Peace and love

Soul

New Message
Please login to post a reply