Golden Phoenix Minerals

Exploration & developmen properties located in North America that contain gold, silver, molybdenum & other strategic minerals.

Free
Message: Golden Phoenix to Begin Phase II Underground Mapping and Sampling of

Historic Vanderbilt Silver Mine; Up to Three Miles of Exploration Is Planned

prnews

SPARKS, Nev., Jan. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Golden Phoenix Minerals, Inc. (the "Company") (OTC Bulletin Board: GPXM) is pleased to announce it has scheduled Phase II underground mapping and sampling of the historic Vanderbilt silver mine to begin in early February. Up to three miles of underground exploration is planned to investigate existing voids and mineralization in preparation for an anticipated 2011 drill program.

As part of the Phase II exploration program, rock samples will be collected both underground and at the surface. All samples will be analyzed for gold (Au) and silver (Ag) mineralization by a certified lab.

"This will be the first modern underground mapping of the Vanderbilt property," stated Tom Klein, CEO of Golden Phoenix. "Phase II exploration is expected to provide important reconnaissance to help us create an efficient and successful drilling program."

The data collected will be summarized and presented in a final report including a scaled underground map and assay results.

Please visit the Golden Phoenix website at: http://www.golden-phoenix.com/">www.golden-phoenix.com.

Golden Phoenix Minerals, Inc. is a Nevada-based mining company whose focus is Royalty Mining in the Americas. Golden Phoenix is committed to delivering shareholder value by identifying, acquiring, developing and mining superior precious and strategic metal deposits throughout North, Central and South America using competitive business practices balanced by principles of ethical stewardship. Golden Phoenix is a 30% joint venture partner with Scorpio Gold on the Mineral Ridge gold and silver property near Silver Peak, Nevada, and owns the Adams Mine and Duff Claim Block near Denio, Nevada, and the Northern Champion molybdenum mine in Ontario, Canada. Golden Phoenix has an option to earn an 80% interest in the Vanderbilt Silver and Gold Project, and the Coyote Fault Gold and Silver Project, both of which are adjacent to the Mineral Ridge gold and silver property near Silver Peak, Nevada. Golden Phoenix has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding to acquire an 80% interest in five gold and molybdenum properties in Peru; two on the Pataz Gold Trend in the north and three in the Porvenir area in the south. Golden Phoenix has entered into a Definitive Acquisition Agreement to acquire a 100% interest in four gold and base metal properties in the Shining Tree Mining District in Ontario, Canada.

New Message
Please login to post a reply