Welcome To The Grande Cache Coal Corporation HUB On AGORACOM

Coal mining in the Grande Cache area

Free
Message: Robert Stan Appointed to Coal Industry Advisory Board

Robert Stan Appointed to Coal Industry Advisory Board

posted on Apr 16, 2009 04:09AM
April 15, 2009
Grande Cache Coal Corporation: Robert Stan Appointed to Coal Industry Advisory Board
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - April 15, 2009) - Grande Cache Coal Corporation (TSX:GCE) ("Grande Cache Coal" or the "Corporation") today announced that Robert H. Stan, President and Chief Executive Officer has been appointed by the Government of Canada and the International Energy Agency ("IEA") to serve as one of the Canadian representatives on the Coal Industry Advisory Board ("CIAB").

The Coal Industry Advisory Board is a group of high level executives from coal-related industrial enterprises. It was established by decision of the International Energy Agency Governing Board in July 1979 to provide advice to the IEA from an industry perspective on matters relating to coal. CIAB members are drawn from countries accounting for over 80% of world coal production. The CIAB role is defined by the IEA as providing a source of advice and suggestions to the IEA, reporting to the Governing Board of the IEA on developments and trends related to coal production, transport, trade and utilization, and reporting on any other matters requested by the Governing Board or the Executive Director.

Mr. Stan's nomination for CIAB membership was endorsed by the IEA Governing Board at their most recent meeting.

"It is an honor to be considered and recommended for this appointment" said Robert Stan. "My first association with the CIAB came in 1981 and I have followed the work of the organization since that time. I look forward to being a strong voice representing the Canadian coal industry as we fulfill the CIAB mandate and provide our counsel to the IEA."

Grande Cache Coal is an Alberta based metallurgical coal mining company whose experienced team of coal professionals are operating a mining operation that produces metallurgical coal for the steel industry and holds coal leases covering over 22,000 hectares in the Smoky River Coalfield located in west-central Alberta. Grande Cache Coal's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "GCE".
New Message
Please login to post a reply