Emerging Advanced Materials Company
Advanced Mining and Exploration Company, Focused on Mine-to-Market Commercialization of Graphite and Graphite Products
Gratomic Inc. (TSX-V: GRAT)
Pioneering Mine to Market Commercializing: Aukam Graphite to Graphene for Industry Use
5 Major Steps In 2020:
- Obtain mining license
- Complete construction
- Initiate full production
- Fulfill orders
- Branch out graphing business into added-value
- Graphene is simply one atomic layer of graphite – a layer of bonded carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal or honeycomb lattice.
Gratomic is an advanced materials company focused on mine to market commercialization of graphite products most notably high value graphene based components for a range of mass market products. We are collaborating with a leading European manufacturer of graphenes to use Aukam graphite to manufacture graphene products for commercialization on an industrial scale. The company is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GRAT.
Rare graphite mine
- Gratomic currently owns 63% of the Aukam graphite mine in Southern Namibia
- This unique asset is poised to replace a large part of declining production capacity of vein graphite from Sri Lanka
- Aukam graphite has been tested in several high value applications including nano engineered graphenes
- The Aukam graphite when converted to graphenes have proven suitable for inks & pastes for the printed electronics industry, super hydrophobic graphenes variants for architectural and marine coatings, elastomers for cycle, passenger vehicle tires and elements for resistive heaters
Partnerships with Leading Manufacturers
- Gratomic has entered into negotiations for a substantial joint venture agreement to provide customers end product graphenes
- In the process of establishing blockchain technology to facilitate the distribution and sale of Gratomic’s graphene products being manufactured
- The blockchain will also act as an ecosystem for all producers and users in the graphenes industry
- Signed an agreement with Todaq Star Program Phase 1 Corp. to supply Todaq with an aggregate of US$25,000,000 of graphite from its Aukam project in Namibia over approximately 39 months
- Initial order will be for 600 tonnes of graphite valued at US$3,000,000 payable in TODA Notes, a digital asset created as a medium for exchange and store of value, at a price of US$0.10 per TDN for an aggregate of 30 million TDN
- Initial 600 tonnes of graphite are to be delivered within 90 days
- Graphite is being purchased by Todaq to sit in reserve as a backstop to underpin the value of deployed TDN
- Perpetuus Advanced Materials is an advanced material manufacturer primarily focused on surface engineered carbon structures such as graphenes.
What is Graphene?
Graphene is an allotrope of carbon consisting of a single layer of carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal lattice. It is the basic structural element of other allotropes of carbon, such as graphite and diamond.
Graphene is an “Advanced material” which at the industrial scale can greatly enhance functionalization from the largest structure to nanoscale electronics.
Graphene incorporation enables stronger, lighter smaller & faster versions of predecessors.
- Inter-facial Shear Strength, thereby reducing shear (sliding) under tension and buckling under compression
- Inter-laminar Shear Strength, allowing for increased surface roughness and wetting ability
- Fracture Toughness
- Crack Propagation
The Aukam Mine
The Aukam Graphite Project is located in southern Namibia close to the port city of Luderitz. The property is comprised of Exclusive Prospecting Licenses (EPL) 3895 and (EPL) 6710 that cover an area of 63,072 hectares (630 square kilometres) in the Karas region of southern Namibia. There is year round road access to the Aukam project from paved Highway B4 that runs between Luderitz and Keetmanshoop via district gravel roads south from the Highway. The infrastructure in the area is good with nearby power from the national grid, water from underground aquifers and a rail link to Luderitz and Keetmanshoop adjacent to Highway B4 approximately 70 km north of the project.
- Luderitz Harbour – 500m cargo & container quay
- Paved Highway
- Rail Line
- 1.5 hr from Atlantic Ocean Shoreline