Welcome To The Guyana Goldfields Inc. HUB On AGORACOM

Guyana Goldfields is a mineral exploration Company primarily focused on the exploration and development of gold deposits in the Guiana Shield of South America.

Free

From IMG PR

1} IAMGOLD has an Exploration Office in Georgetown, the capital of Guyana, servicing the Guiana Shield, with a staff of approximately 25 people.

IAMGOLD’s flagship Rosebel mine is located within the Guiana Shield in Suriname. In 2008, a 3-year evaluation program was initiated on the 61,925 hectares of mineral lands held by the Company around the 17,000-hectare Rosebel mine concession. Several new targets for further exploration were identified and added to the list of quality targets that are being investigated.

Elsewhere in Suriname, IAMGOLD holds 208,000 hectares of mineral concessions that have potential for stand-alone gold projects. In Guyana, drilling has returned encouraging results from the 100%-owned Eagle Mountain property. A desk-top conceptual study is planned for this property in 2009 while drilling continues.
2) "Our strong balance sheet and robust cash flow gives us the opportunity to further enhance our corporate liquidity," said Carol Banducci, Executive Vice-President and CFO of IAMGOLD. "By increasing our credit facility we have greater flexibility to capitalize on strategic opportunities as they arise. In addition, the Niobec Facility is an important step towards self-funding the expansion of the niobium mine."
3)

IAMGOLD Corporation ("IAMGOLD" or "the Company") today announced its 2011 year-end mineral reserve and resource statement. Highlights include:

Attributable proven and probable gold reserves for continuing operations for 2011 were 13.3 million ounces, a 0.74 million ounce or 5% decrease (net of depletion) from a year ago, primarily due to a:

0.54 million ounces, or 13.5%, decrease at Essakane Gold Mine.

0.16 million ounces, or 2.7%, decrease at Rosebel Gold Mine.

Total attributable proven and probable gold reserves for 2011 decreased from a year ago by 3.1 million ounces (net of depletion), primarily due to the sale in 2011 of IAMGOLD's interests in Tarkwa, Damang and Mupane mines in Africa which represented 2.4 million ounces.

New Message
Please login to post a reply