Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored

Good day Bernard,

As we are nearing 4 months since the press release stating Gen2 testing has resumed, I have a few questions in regards to the progress. The objectives of the testing on Gen2 were as followed;

• Increasing the Yield1 and the Production Yield2 of the Gen2 PUREVAP™ above test #14 results;
  • Testing the Purity of the Si produced using ICP-OES3from both our low purity feed stock (98.84% SiO2) and specifically sourced ultra high purity feed stock (> 99.9% SiO2);
  • Finding the optimum operation conditions for the Gen2 PUREVAP™ and gaining information about future Gen3 PUREVAP™ operation.

As you stated that testing can be continuously done on Gen2 in preparation for Gen3, my first set of questions are;

1) Are we still running tests to date, or have we taken another break? 

2) Do the objectives remain the same?

3) What progress has been made that isn't necessarily material but has shown positive results? What do we know we can and cannot do from tests to date?

It was also mentioned that there was a particular element/ impurity left in the PUREVAP refined high purity silicon that if removed, could give us solar grade silicon. It seemed as if in the long term PYR engineers will tackle the impurity but was up for debate while you were in Europe.

4) Will this impurity be pursued by PYR engineers to be removed by the PUREVAP process in the near term Gen2 testing or will this be a longer term goal, adding other known processes on to the end of the PUREVAP process to achieve solar grade silicon?

5) If other known industry processes are needed (e.g. Czochralski Process, directional solidification, silicon doping) after PUREVAP processing to attain Solar Grade Silicon, can you share what processes they are?

As all quartz deposits hold slightly different elemental compositions from each other and other large quartz deposit holders have been eyeing us;

6) How far has PYR knowledge come in understanding the different quartz structures, do they have full control over removing the different levels of impurities in different quartz?

7) Have we tested any 3rd party quartz (from large quartz deposit holders) in the Gen2 PUREVAP reactor at their request and expense?

Lastly;

8) Have we produced 40g+ of high purity silicon feedstock from Gen2 to give to Apollon and test for solar capability? If not, is this a plan?

A little Scrooge Mcduck laugh comes out of me everytime I watch your last interview at the 17min mark and also when you say under your breath how we could charge these quartz deposit holders 20x the price of the first PUREVAP commercial plant without any worldwide exclusivity, who are willing to put forward 50m for the first commercial PUREVAP plant but want WW rights/exclusivity. Sounds like big plans are coming to HPQ and I am proud to be apart of it from it's beginning.

Thank you for the opportunity to ask these questions and for your time.

New Message
Please login to post a reply