Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored

Looking at this new product announcement today, I'm trying to make sense of the impact of this powder and its energy density.

The leaflet for the TREKHY says that a 50 gram pack of powder currently produces 30watts of powder for greater than 1 hour.

Let's assume its exactly 1 hour to be conservative...

Multiplying that 50 grams out by 20 for 1 Kilogram of it, does this mean it could produce 600 watts for 1 hour for 1 kg (assuming you had a reactor that had been scaled up)

Which would be 600 watts per hour per kilogram energy density using current powder which is now going to be optimized?

Current LI-ION batteries have between 50 - 220 WH/KG energy density depending on chemistry used in the battery.

If HPQs powders increase this reactors effiency by up to 40% as the news release today proposed could this mean the powder for this reactor may be able to house somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-850 wh/kg of energy density?

I'm trying to get a handle in how much more efficient this might be to batteries.

(Yes i know a battery could be recharged and this is one time use) I'm interested in the energy density comparison.

New Message
Please login to post a reply