Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored
Message: Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act of 2021 (H.R. 1684)

Hi Bernard,

I want to ensure the following is brought to your attention as I believe it is important.  

If there is no issue or it is already being addressed that is great.  Let me know and I'll be at peace.

BACKGROUND Two bills were recently introduced to the House of Representatives to amend the tax code to allow for various incentives in the use of renewable technologies:

1. GREEN Act (H.R. 848)

2. Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act of 2021 (H.R. 1684)

ISSUE The definition of “Energy Storage Technology” is **NOT CONSISTENT** between the two new bills.  H.R. 1684 does not specifically call out "Hydrolysis" as a hydrogen technology but H.R. 848 does.

RECOMMENDATION The definition of "Energy Storage Technology" within the Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act of 2021 needs to be amended as follows IMMEDIATELY:

“... hydrogen storage (including HYDROLYSIS and electrolysis) ...”

This seemingly inconspicuous detail may seem trivial and not important, however when it comes to law and the IRS, words have meaning and the omission or inclusion of key language is of extreme importance.

RISK If the bill is not amended as recommended there is potential that  hydrolysis-based technologies would NOT be in-scope or eligible for the incentives described in H.R. 1684 thus creating a legislative and political barrier to entry for hydrolysis-based energy systems "Powdered By HPQ" within the United States.  It is critical that no barriers or ambiguities be allowed to propagate their way into legislation that has the potential to debilitate our collective best interests.

ACTION Please discuss with your colleagues and business partners what the best course of action is to remedy the situation before it is too late.

I will post a link to this message to Peter in the PYR Agoracom forum as well to ensure awareness.

If any clarification is required, kindly let me know. 

Sincerely,

FuturePredictor

References:

Details - https://ceo.ca/@futurepredictor?a1d14c096a10

Slight Correction - https://ceo.ca/@futurepredictor?5dec15544187

New Message
Please login to post a reply