Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored
Message: Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act of 2021 (H.R. 1684)

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for following up. Much appreciated.

Respectfully, I believe there is a misunderstanding.  

The change I'm recommending be pursued is not so that HPQ can apply for tax incentives.

Rather, it is so that residential consumers within the United States be able to pursue tax incentives as a result of purchasing energy storage technology as defined within the bill.

The specific scenario I am thinking of is future TREKHY as well as Si-NPs product sales within the United States.

Consumers may not be interested to purchase hydrolysis based technologies if they cannot get a tax credit for it.  This is no different than government excluding certain types of EVs being eligible for a rebate.  If people have a choice of purchasing technology for which the government offered an incentive or one that did not, most people are going to go with the one that offers an incentive.

It is not in HPQ/Apollon/PYR's best interest for hydrolysis based systems to be excluded from the definition.

If the door is closed on hydrolysis then it limits the opportunity for silicon based hydrolysis technologies in the United States as well as the opportunity to sell Si-NPs to serve that market down the road.

Should you folks decide to pursue a scale up for the residential market there would be a barrier to entry as a result of this exclusive

In fact, I would argue that another amendment be considered as well.

Have a look at https://www.projectfinance.law/media/5641/hr1684.pdf

Notice that the term "Qualified Battery Storage Technology" sets an arbitrary  threshold to make technologies with a capacity "not less than 3 kWh" be in scope for the incentives.

Perhaps the 3 kWh threshold should be reduced to encourage the market to consider adoption of smaller scale technologies.

Is the current TREKHY product offering is 3 kWh?

Is there any visibility as to what the kWh of future silicon hydrolysis energy storage systems Pragma/Apollon may consider developing?

Anyway, just additional information for your awareness and consideration.

Sincerely,

FuturePredictor

New Message
Please login to post a reply