Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored

Hello Mr.Tourillon, 

Congratulations on today's milestone, you and Mr.Pascali look almost as great as the reactor behind you!!!

Regarding said reactor in photo, it has been called "Gen3" PUREVAP QRR. From the corporate presentation, it states Gen 3 QRR is to produce ~48MT/yr of Metallurgical Silicon. 

From today's NR;

"The systems (only states QRR, no specfic Gen) are commercially scalable by increments of 2,500 MTY, and two 2,500 MTY systems built in tandem will compete very well with the Capex cost per Kg of annual capacity of Tier-1 producers for a fraction of the total investment required (85% - 90% less)."

I suspected that the above quote was referencing QRR Gen 4. But then in the interview today on Agoracom...

It was mentioned that this pilot plant (Gen 3 QRR) had to be final stage and that industrial sized equipment is to be used as per government grant.

So now I'm lead to believe that if the "Gen3 QRR" behind you and Mr.Pascali produces say 50MT/yr, it is it a matter of copy and pasting 50 more Gen3 QRR to reach a commercial scale/ Gen 4 QRR  producing 2,500MT/yr? And 100 - Gen3 to  "compete very well with the Capex cost per Kg of annual capacity of Tier-1 producers for a fraction of the total investment required (85% - 90% less)."?

Or am I wrong to assume it's a matter of copy and paste GEN3 QRR? Can electrodes or "something" be added for the reactor to increase production if all parts are industrial scale?

50 - gen3 QRR's to produce 2,500MT/yr seems large in regards of real-estate needed, but than again I've never seen a 30,000MT/yr conventional plant, so maybe it would equate to 1/12 of the needed real-estate? Just like the 1/12 of production?

Or maybe an easier question would be, but just wanted to explain my reasoning for asking, how much Metallurgical Silicon will the QRR reactor pictured in today's News Release produce yearly? I have a feeling the QRR pictured today in the News produces more than ~48MT/yr, no?

Thank you for your time and looking forward to the Green Silicon future and many more milestones to come!!!

Sincerely, 

Stuff

New Message
Please login to post a reply