Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored
Message: Dead Solar Panels are about to become a lot more valuable

Magbeach2: strong agree.

The Verge article makes reference to the current challenging economics of recycling photovoltaic (PV) end-of-life (EOL) materials.

Here's a post I did on the PYR hub about pursuing research money from the U.S. Department of Energy, through its Solar Energy Technologies Office, to discover ways to reduce the costs of recycling PV EOL: https://agoracom.com/ir/PyroGenesisCanada/forums/discussion/topics/779425-pv-end-of-life-recycling/messages/2359709#message

TL;DR: "Get DOE to pay for the research, then sell the resulting PV recycling services to First Solar, Tesla, and solar farm operators and the U.S. gets to reduce its reliance on virgin mining of critical minerals and imports of solar glass for its solar farms."

Maybe it would have made more sense to post it here, given Bernard & co.'s silicon market expertise.

Just a layperson here, but I love the idea of feeding shredded PV panels through a plasma reactor -- maybe call it a "PVRR" (based on QRR). I wonder if it's feasible.

And, to your point, PV EOL recycling economics become less challenging as the value of the materials to be recycled rises., placing a lower burden on technological breakthroughs to make future PV recycling infrastructure pencil out.

New Message
Please login to post a reply