Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored
Message: Group14 CEO talking about the entire industry switching to Silicon batteries in the near future (next few years)...

Thanks for the info Magbeach - for this and for all the other information you post on this BB.

But I dont know man - I wonder if this ship has sailed and if we've missed the Battery boat. I know hundreds of readers will jump on me and call me a FUD and a Duck and worse, but here's what I see.

Porsche is investing $200 million in Group 14. VW is investing 400 mill in Quantumscape. Ford is investing 200 mill in Solidpower. GM and LG are putting in 1.5 billion in a joint venture. BYD and CATL are doing their own thing. Tesla is doing the 4680 cell with Panasonic and with Silion.

There's only so much money available and once a company has done its due diligence and made its decision and put in the big bucks its not going to abandon its investment and walk away; its in there for the long haul. What I mean is that if a company has invested 200 million bucks in Silane gas technology for Li battery anodes its not going to abandon that and say "oh thanks but I see that HPQ has a better and cheaper nano-silicon in 2023-2024 so I'll go there".

Meanwhile, our 4N Si pilot plant is 'functional' and will remain so for a year. By which time more car manufacturers (Toyota, Honda, Kia, Mazda....) will have invested elsewhere.

Anyways, I hope I'm wrong. I've a good number of shares and I havent sold a single one yet, and I'm not about to.

Brgds,

A-G

New Message
Please login to post a reply