Developing Processes For The Low-Cost Manufacturing Of High Purity Silicon Metals For Next-Generation Lithium-ion Batteries

Achieved final critical milestones, completing a successful silicon pour

Sponsored

Hi Donice,

Please find in Bold and Italics my replies to your questions.

Regards,

Bernard

Q1) How is HPQ going to be a leader in supplying green Silicon to the battery industry if they no longer are looking towards creating Silicon through their one-step process?

R1) This is news to me, could you please elaborate on where I would have made such a statement? 

Q2) Will  the company change: HPQ SILICON - DEVELOPING PROCESSES FOR THE LOW COST MANUFACTURING OF HIGH PURITY SILICON METALS FOR NEXT GENERATION LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES?

R2) Once again could you please indicate where I would have made such a statement?

The long-term goal of the Corporation remains to have a fully vertically integrated production capacity from quartz to silicon base anode material.

But, for purely business-related reasons we are presently more focused on the valorization of the "3N to higher values Silicon base anode materials". The profit margins are larger when one transforms a feedstock worth US$5.00 per kg and makes it into a material that can sell for US$70. per kg to US$80 per kg price range, versus taking a feedstock worth about US$ 2 per kg and transforming it into a material worth US$5.00 per kg.

Q3) To another name incorporating Fumed Silica into the name. Will a name change be on the agenda for the next AGM?

R3) The Fumed Silica is already in a project-specific HPQ subsidiary, (HPQ Silica Polvere Inc.), so why would we bother with that?

Q4) Are they now sourcing the Silicon used in the new HPQ battery from China?

R4) Presently, we have a proprietary technology to make 3N silicon in step, but to speed up our advancement in the battery space, where we source our 3N silicon is irrelevant. Only when we are looking at going into large-scale production, will this become a potential issue.

New Message
Please login to post a reply