Welcome To Imperial Metals Corporation HUB On AGORACOM

Discover - Develop - Operate

Free

Imperial Reports Red Chris Mine Receives Environmental Management Act (EMA) Permit

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - Jun 15, 2015) - Imperial Metals Corporation ("Imperial") (III.TO) reports that an amended permit under the British Columbia Environmental Management Act (EMA) for the Red Chris mine was issued on June 12, 2015 by the Ministry of Environment to Red Chris Development Company Ltd. (Red Chris), a wholly owned subsidiary of Imperial. The amended EMA permit replaces the previously issued short term authorization. This permit allows the mine to discharge tailings into the tailings storage facility (TSF) and discharge water from the TSF subject to water quality guidelines.

Red Chris has worked closely with the Tahltan Central Council and the Ministry of Environment in regard to the terms and conditions of the permit. The amended EMA permit is an important milestone for Red Chris as it ensures the mine can operate on a continuous basis subject to the conditions of the permit.

About Imperial

Imperial is an exploration, mine development and operating company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. The Company is commissioning the Red Chris mine in northern British Columbia. The Company operates the Mount Polley copper/gold mine in British Columbia and the Sterling gold mine in Nevada. Imperial has a 50% interest in the Huckleberry copper mine and a 50% interest in the Ruddock Creek lead/zinc property, both in British Columbia.

Imperial Metals Corporation
Brian Kynoch
President
Gordon Keevil
Vice President Corporate Development
Sabine Goetz
Shareholder Communications
[email protected]
New Message
Please login to post a reply