Welcome To The Journey Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Goodbye, Good Riddance

posted on Nov 23, 2008 12:22PM

I've been hmming and hawing about posting this, so here goes:

Personally, I'm glad to see the Silveria JV with GVG dissolved for a number of reasons.

The costs to Journey were quite exhorbitant over a short period of time. Let's also remember that JNY also agreed to pay costs to repair a community hall, school and who knows what else...and that was just to gain access to the property! Given current market conditions, there will be several properties from several companies on the edge of insolvency that we can choose from - providing we have the cash/financing.

As a geologist, I was always concerned about the deposit or what remains. The deposits were hosted in very narrow veins and mined extensively, historically by natives/old timers. GVG holders always boasted that there were 40+ kms of underground workings - well that's 40+kms. of removed ore! In any nr or report I read, they always stated how much WAS mined from the deposits in the PAST. Never was there any indication of what ore blocks currently remain in place. It's also been my experience that "old timers" were far more efficient removing ore (when prices were considerably lower) than they're given credit for, and am always a bit wary when a co. "ballyhoos" a historic, past producer that they acquired. It's quite rare when these become successful modern day producers.

Photos that I saw of the project showed a lot of decrepid old buildings and workings, quite a contradiction to the way it was portrayed in the GVG reports.

Like I said in the outset, I feel JNY is better off without GVG as a "partner". The Charay project as well as our own suite of projects offer potential (at much more realistic costs) that hopefully can be realized in the future...if we, just like every other junior, can come out on the other side of this economic mess.

Have a great week!

New Message
Please login to post a reply