Massive Black Horse Chromite Discovery

Black Horse deposit has an Inferred Resource Now 85.9 Million Tonnes @ 34.5%

Free
Message: Great interview by Moe Lavigne on CBC this afternoon

Thanks Maureen..

Yes I was at the presentation by Moe Lavigne to the Sudbury Chamber of Commerce.

Moe is very passionate about KWG and he made a very credible presentation. The audience found him "down to earth".

I couldn't help but notice that the audience is not that well informed about the ROF, KWG, NOT, Freewest etc and the history of the ROF. People on this board are much better informed than the masses.

So it was plain that KWG should be making this presentation to a lot more people to get people, including politicians, interested in the ROF.

Moe did an excellent job of showing that Rail is the most cost effective means of transportation on a per tonne basis. I can't recall the cost figures he used but I believe he said the extra CAPEX for rail ( over road) would be recovered in 6 years.

He also gave a great history of the ROF and the dealings with Cliffs in particular.

He did a great job of painting the picture of how Cliffs tried to steal the deposit by letting KWG get into debt while doing exploration in the name of both companies and then refusing to pay their share.

He went on to explain how KWG was able to raise money and pay off their debt to the surprise of Cliffs.

He also talked at length about OTU KUMPU and how they were able to build an international company mining, smelting and refining chromite in Finland and how they built an integrated processing complex that not only produces ferrochrome but stainless steel as well as other value added products. The vision is that KWG can do the same in Canada.

Interestingly, a Sudbury economist today warned that the ROF will likely not add much to the economy because ,as always, we will likely sell the ferrochrome ( and nickel) without doing the value added processing in Canada. Not if Moe Lavigne has anything to say about it.

Moe talked at lenght about yesterdays announcement regarding the new refining method. He made the point that the combination of the significantly lower unit cost of shipping by rail and the lower cost of refining using natural gas will make this an economically viable project.

It was a very informative and convincing presentation.

SN

New Message
Please login to post a reply