Massive Black Horse Chromite Discovery

Black Horse deposit has an Inferred Resource Now 85.9 Million Tonnes @ 34.5%

Free

Amazon Game Studios sent us the following statement. "We recognize that gamers are reporting an increase in bot activity in the New World. Bots are a constant challenge for MMOs and our teams have dedicated resources and tools to identify and combat them. We are. We are." strive to constantly improve our fight against bots for farming New World coins for sale ingame, and yesterday alone we banned over 7,700 accounts using bots. Our goal is to make the New World fun and fair for all gamers. We will post updates in the Post to New World forums and on Twitter. "

Since its inception, like any decent MMO, New World has almost always been a target for bots. Originally, our mindless friends focused on fishing and ore gathering, and they still do that today, although they now appear to be doing other jobs as well, especially at a fairly high level. Let's put it this way: if you have a bot level 30+, fishing experience is a lot and shows how long the bot has been active.

JustDaveinTheLBC wrote: "In the last week I have once again noticed an influx of bots on my server." "But they're all bigger now, in their 20s and 30s. They're perfectly efficient at harvesting and mining. Does the problem occur on other servers? I reported the same bot three times in three days, and it's getting real." annoying to compete with the bots for material ...... "

There's no shortage of in-game video evidence where players can observe characters that are clearly not controlled by the human player.

Meanwhile, the player Rheality_ has tracked down a bot named yhnmd and reported it regularly, and ten days later the bot is still going about its business. But sometimes it goes wrong and there is a lot of beautiful leather left to collect.

Gamers' frustration at Amazon Games Workshop's apparent inaction has two reasons: collecting your own resources becomes pointless when prices drop due to the sheer amount of bot activity, and nothing happens if gamers keep reporting apparently obvious bots ( perfect example on the official forums).

"Give up collecting resources to craft," wrote WickoCity on the game's Steam forums. "The bots drive their routes over and over again. Sometimes you can see them every few seconds. The reports don't do anything. It's time to move on."

"I have an angel bot on my server that is in the same place for at least 18 hours a day," wrote Chance_Waters, specifying the server and bot name. "[He] single-handedly broke multiple item prices, disrupted phishing on the server, received hundreds of reports and still hasn't been banned."

There are a few caveats: First, some people tend to pretend the sky is falling when these eruptions occur. New World may have had serious problems with bots for a long time, but it's too early to make that decision: dealing with bots and cheaters of all kinds is a reality for any major MMO, and New World is by far not the first to face this challenge.

While gamers are waiting for Amazon Game Studios to better solve this problem, there are certainly good human solutions out there. The classic New World approach to dealing with robots has not changed: the players pull creatures such as wild boars or crocodiles towards the robots and, through careful positioning, get them to attack them. Another interesting strategy is to build small "U" shapes with tents along the route of the robot: if the robot is "trapped" in one, its path is not complex enough to free it.

Regardless of the reality of the situation, Amazon Game Studios is once again facing issues in the game that the New World community feels are not being taken as seriously as they should be. The developer has retroactively banned players who have taken advantage of the problem and fixed the problem, but had to shut down the entire economy of the game. I got in touch with Amazon to find out how to crack down on the bots and will be reporting on any response.

New Message
Please login to post a reply