DELIVERING DISCIPLINED GROWTH

Third largest primary Gold Producer in North America

Free

Reads to me the problems continue to delay progress. STILL no firm Mining guidelines issued by the Ecuadorian Gov't.

IMO It will be a miracle if Kinross ever gets the go ahead in the fashion required, to get the gold outta the Fruta del Norte Mine. It's going to be stalled and stalled further and when K does get the go ahead there will be so many restrictions

it won't be feasible to continue or … be very costly to do so. Even Security for the Miners will be a major undertaking.

As much as I disliked it, I think now, we're very lucky to have been taken over - even at the crappy price we got.

I won't say Anderson saw the writing on the wall - he didn't have a clue how the development of the Mine was going to turn out

and he didn't give a damn what might transpire to get it under development.

His ONLY goal was to get as much as he cud for himself, as fast as he cud void of Shareholder consideration. Not that much different than Tye or so it seems from his bloated annual income and his desire to make a name for himself through massive dilution at a time the price is making new lows. There's a time to make moves like this. When your stock is trading at it's low, isn't the time. Better to wait and risk having to top another bidder but with a higher share valuation.

In 2015 Tye says we'll be real happy. In the meantime we sit and witness how long it takes for One Billion shs to appreciate in value.

Do Fund Mgrs buy Cos with a 5 yr "questionable" potential outlook whose assets are mainly in Risk oriented Countries?

Anyone want to guess as to the number of Cos that's going to be bought prior to 2015 - with our shs - when this shock blows over?

He can pound the table when on TV as to the great Co that's in the making by 2015 - nobody can disagree with him but …

they quietly thank their lucky stars they don't hold K.

Fruta del Norte

The Company continues to make good progress in advancing its FDN project in Ecuador. As previously disclosed, the Company completed its 18,000-metre infill drilling campaign ahead of schedule. In early July, also ahead of schedule, Kinross received its Environmental Licence for the La Zarza concession, the location of the FDN orebody and proposed exploration decline. This licence authorizes additional drilling of 180 holes for reserve and resource definition and hydrogeological and geotechnical purposes, as well as infrastructure improvements. Kinross was the first company to receive such an Environmental Licence under the terms of Ecuador's new mining law and related regulations. The Company has also received approval to proceed with geotechnical and hydrogeological drilling on the Colibri concession, the proposed site for the processing plant and tailings facility. Kinross has submitted the terms of reference for an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the proposed exploration decline at La Zarza and expects to submit the EIA for the decline in the third quarter. In addition, the Company expects to submit an EIA for exploration and condemnation drilling on the Colibri concession this fall. The project pre-feasibility study remains on schedule to be completed by year-end, at which time the Company also expects to declare a NI 43-101 compliant reserve. A full feasibility study is expected to be completed in the first half of 2011.

Kinross continues to consult with the Ecuadorian government regarding the form and content of a model exploitation contract for the mining industry which the government has indicated it intends to publish in the fall of 2010, after which Kinross would expect to begin negotiations with the government regarding an exploitation and investment protection agreement for FDN.

New Message
Please login to post a reply