Free

I enjoyed the explanation from Arch on LAC's process. I looked at commercial and mining hydrocyclones. They are just like the air seprarators that we use in our woodshops for evacuating the dust and heavy sawdust and wood chips. I am wondering how large and powerfull these cyclones must be in mining in order to do the separating of water and elements. Then of course the further cooking and leaching to get to a finished lithium product. Which gets me back to the first observation...... how much ground can one get through one separator, and how can the company get to 10's of thousands of tons of finished lithium when they have to process multiples of that from the bare ground?

Without sounding Pavelish, I am amazed (curious) at the material they may have to handle to get to the amount of finished product they forecast. I mean, I wanna' see this badass place and and the machinery but I am stuck on the East Coast looking at snow flurries.

Below is a link to a hydrocyclone separator manufacturer. Lots of neat info and graphics if you want to get down in the weeds.

https://www.cccmix.com/separating-dewatering/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3smABhCjARIsAKtrg6KpmIO-paLCaRYW465Yxk6uMWBNcGyZ3slKzQcSRcwZBj3ByesreFoaAheLEALw_wcB

New Message
Please login to post a reply