Free
Message: Max Wilbert reads the tea leaves and predicts the next move of LAC at Thacker Pass will be to use PMCs.

Max Wilbert reads the tea leaves and predicts the next move of LAC at Thacker Pass will be to use PMCs.

posted on Mar 06, 2021 12:16AM

Published on 4 March2021, the excerpt below shows the mindset of Mr. Wilbert and the intent of his organized attempt to disrupt and prevent LAC from developing the lithum clay mining facility in Humboldt County, Nevada.  His own words:

"How Corporations Disrupt Grassroots Resistance Movements

Corporations, faced with grassroots resistance, follow a certain playbook. We can look at the history of how these companies respond to determine their strategies and the best ways to counteract them.

Corporations like Lithium Americas Corporation generally do not have in-house security teams, beyond basic security for facilities and IT/digital security. Therefore, when faced with growing grassroots resistance, their first move will be to hire an outside corporation to conduct surveillance, intelligence gathering, and offensive operations.

Private Military Corporations (PMCs) are essentially mercenaries acting largely outside of government regulation or democratic control. They are hired by private corporations to assist in their interests and act as for-hire businesses with few or no ethical considerations. Some examples of these corporations are TigerSwan, Triple Canopy, and STRATFOR.

PMCs are often staffed with U.S. military veterans, and employ counterinsurgency techniques and skills honed during the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, or other military operations. And in many cases, these PMCs collaborate with public law enforcement agencies to share information, such that law enforcement is essentially acting as a private contractor for a corporation."

So, Mr. Wilbert prognosticates that PMC's may be the future strategy of LAC, or so it would seem from the full context of his writing.

Please see my earlier post over on the Agoracom.com LAC Off Topic Forum entitled:  My commentary on: "Thacker Pass Dispatches: Sustaining Profits, Not the Planet"

After a quick read of that opine then return here and read the exerpt below, again from Mr. Wilbert's written pronouncements:

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Security culture also warns us not talk about some sensitive issues, including:

• Your or someone else’s participation in illegal action.
  • Someone else’s advocacy for such actions.
  • Your or someone else’s plans for a future illegal action.
  • Don’t talk about illegal actions in terms of specific times, people, places, etc.

Note: Nonviolent civil disobedience is illegal, but can sometimes be discussed openly. In general, the specifics of nonviolent civil disobedience should be discussed only with people who will be involved in the action or those doing support work for them. It’s still acceptable (even encouraged) to speak out generally in support of monkeywrenching and all forms of resistance as long as you don’t mention specific places, people, times, etc."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

In my previous critque of Mr. Wilbert I noted both the similarity and the major difference between Mr. Wilbert and Mr. Kaczynski. I even stressed that nothing vaguely in the expression of Mr. Wilbert suggested that he could ever embrace the horrific and violent tactics of Mr. Kaczynski, and I still maintain that status today, but as for the specific action of commiting illegal acts... well, my opinion regarding Mr. Wilbert has changed or, at the very least, I'm more cautious about his capabilities for the future as evidenced by his own proclamations. 

You may not share the same foreboding with your own interpretation and I am open to alternative opinion, but I do hope that anyone interested in the future of LAC's Thacker Pass lithium clay mine and processing facility will make himself or herself familiar with Mr. Wilbert's views now instead of after the fact regarding future events. .

Please don't take my own concern on as yours.  I would only as that you make up your own mind about what direction we may indeed see Mr. Wilbert lead others following his lead at the proposed mine site now and into the future. 

Some things speak for themselves and I submit that the link below does just that, speak for itself:

How Corporations Work to Undermine Grassroots Resistance, and How to Stop Them | Protect Thacker Pass

New Message
Please login to post a reply