Free

February 25, 2022 - Vancouver, Canada: Lithium Americas Corp. (TSX: LAC) (NYSE: LAC) ("Lithium Americas" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection (“NDEP”) has issued the final key state-level permits for the Thacker Pass lithium project in Humboldt County, Nevada (“Thacker Pass” or the “Project”). The three approved permits include the Water Pollution Control Permit, Mine Reclamation Permit and Class II Air Quality Operating Permit.

“With the final key state environmental permits in hand, Lithium Americas can begin to advance Thacker Pass towards construction,” said Jonathan Evans, President and CEO. “Thacker Pass provides an opportunity to enable a US-based battery supply chain for the growing electric vehicle market. Our commitment to developing Thacker Pass in the most environmentally responsible way is demonstrated from over a decade of conducting the necessary planning, design and engagement.”

Following a 30-day public comment period and NDEP’s review of extensive input from the public, the permits for Thacker Pass were approved on February 25, 2022. NDEP conducted extensive reviews of the mine site plan, verified the air models and calculations for the Class II Air Quality Operating Permit, assessed required bonding for land disturbance and reclamation as part of the Mining Reclamation Permit, and authorized mine operations and ore processing for the Water Pollution Control Permit, including setting monitoring and reporting requirements. More information can be found on NDEP’s Thacker Pass webpage at https://ndep.nv.gov/land/thacker-pass-project.

New Message
Please login to post a reply