Free

"Dave" over on TOB posted a reminder of a Buffitism that really struck a chord, at least with me.

He referred to Buffett's 3d Law of Thermodynamics:  "Be GREEDY when others are fearful!"  Time to buy.

Well, personally I don't have the use of uncommitted private funds ( Big Bopper:  "I ain't got no money, honey!"), but I can still appreciate the sentiment.  

What a crazy time.  We know that this year the Du will be cast off of the Lilly and "IF" the Du is of the positive persuasion then the fall out will be immense in favor of lifting up the share price of LAC from its present repose.  We also know that Cauchari-Olaroz will rise up into a "Commissioned" status sometime in the very near future, sometime this year.  One only has to look at the most recent video of Cauchari-Olaroz to realize that the years of preparation up at an altitude in excess of 13,000 feet have finally, and I emphasize the word "finally", come to fruition.

When other countries are punishing "foreign" mining companies by nationalization (Mexico) and picking their pocket (Chile) it would seem that the situation in Argentina may have a more fortuitous future for "foreign" mining companies, in the sense that I believe it very unlikely that Argentina will "nationalize" any mine that has a partial ownership by any Chinese company.  Argentina has few friends to back up its aspiration that never dies:  regaining the Falkland Islands.  China is one of the few, the only?, countries that supports Argentina in that quest, so as long as LAC is in bed with Ganfeng Lithium in relation to the Cauchari-Olaroz lithium mine then I don't believe we have to worry about that particular scenario, nationalization, as it pertains to LAC's activity in Argentina. 

As for a higher "protection" tax bite viz a viz the way Chile is putting the lean on lithium mining companies, that is another question.  I don't know that the Cauchari-Olaroz operation is immune to government theft disguised as taxes, but then again the Ganfeng connection may be amiliorative in that situation as well.

Onward through the FOG! 

Be Greedy, Grasshopper!!!!

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply