Free

HC, I agree with almost everything in your post.... except for that last part:

"A positive thing about the low Lithium price is that the use of lithium for power storage is a great opportunity, and will provide a large consumption of Lithium and help to empty the stores again."

A close look at static applications of lithium batteries in the ESS area (Energy Storage Systems) seems to reveal new technologies that, as far as static locations are concerned, favor other technologies over and above Lithium Ion Batteries.  There may be some temporary increase in static applications of Li-Ion, but that will be a short run as these other technologies become more avialable due to their superiority when we are limited to static applications such as those in ESS.

Redix Flow batteries will be a big player in the field of ESS and possbly chemical energy storage, but there are many onther players that will play significant parts and most of these other players have at least some advantages over using Li-Ion for ESS. Mechanical energy storage seems to be limited only by imagination and hydro energy storage is an existing technology mature long before the first lithium ion battery was produced. Some links that explore this subject of ESS:

10 Main Types of Energy Storage Methods in 2023 | Linquip

Three Large-Scale Energy Storage Technologies That May Hold the Keys to Unleashing an All-Out Renewable Energy Transition (solarmagazine.com)

Microsoft Word - OnLocation - Energy Storage Technologies 20200922

"The rapid cost declines that lithium-ion has seen and are expected to continue in the future make battery energy storage the main option currently for requirements up to a few hours and for small-scale residential and electric vehicle applications. But as the storage duration requirement increases, the options shift to either thermal, mechanical or pumped hydro and in the future hydrogen."

The different types of energy storage and their opportunities (smart-energy.com)

U.S. Grid Energy Storage Factsheet | Center for Sustainable Systems (umich.edu)

Ok, I may be giving the false picture of having little hope for the role of Li-Ion or other Lithium battery technology in the future.  That is just the opposite of how I really feel that lithium batteries will be important in the future.... the future of mobile applications of ESS. 

Mobile applications will be dominated by lithium battery applications for many years into the future in my estimation, and they will have a short term (? number of years, but not decades) as far as static applications go until the multitude of other static energy storage applications shove lithium battery applications into the footnote category.  This won't happen immediately and there will be some major applications of lithium battery technology still as far as ESS is concerned, but the future seems much clearer for other types of technology in the world of Static applications than it does regarding lithiumj battery applications.  JMO, well mine and that of a lot of the energy experts. 

I am not an energy expert, but I do try to pay attention to what they are prognosticating when it relates to my investment in lithium mining.  Their prognostications of a deminished role in the future for static applications regarding lithium batteries is something I have to take notice about, but the overall situation for the future of lithium batteries is not stuck in static applications. 

The whole world, the universe more accurately, of mobile applications for lithium batteries is wide open for now and far into the future.

And that universe of mobile applications means a future ROI for my investment and your investment in Lithium Americas.

Okiedo

New Message
Please login to post a reply